Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2015 09:00

Alienware x51 R1 Several Problems

So I purchased my Alienware x51 about 3 years ago and never had any problems until recently. It started with my screen freezing at random times while playing games and then progressed to where my computer would stop responding entirely and I was forced to shut it down forcibly. This happened 2-3 times and on the last try my computer started emitting 2 beeps continuously which after looking at the beep code table means RAM not detected. I purchased new RAM (16gb was at 8gb previously) and installed it, but once I rebooted my system it told me that I needed to insert my Windows installation disk and needed to repair my system. Once I inserted the disk and restarted and attempted to run windows repair it would get stuck on a black screen with a loading bar and "Windows is loading files..." So I tried to restart my system again, which changed nothing same thing happened. I then attempted to launch my computer in safe mode and it would go through the process like it was working and would then freeze on a file along the lines of "CLASSPN" or something and would simply stay there doing nothing. So I'm posting this hoping that someone knows what is going because I'm getting tired of trying to fix this thing.

Thanks in advance,

Zach.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 19th, 2015 07:00

Hello,

Check in the Bios (to access the Bios, tap the F2 button during boot) under the Main tap and confirm if the system is detecting the total ram installed. To better assist you, please confirm which Windows operating system you are running with this computer. Also, run an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system. Click here to view an article that explains how to run this test and let us know if you receive any errors.

August 19th, 2015 08:00

Sorry, I mean't to post an update as to what I have done. I reinstalled Windows 7 and that seemed to fix THAT problem and was able to boot my system. However, I have now encountered another problem which I described here en.community.dell.com/.../19649026

No Events found!