Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2009 12:00

Aurora ALX Tactx Keyboard and Mouse go dark and "Freeze".

I've been having problems with my new Aurora ALX system and it appears to be related to my TactX Keyboard and Mouse.

Whenever I'm browsing (IE) and open some form of plugin content (flash or video player ala YouTube) it's a gamble whether or not my keyboard and mouse are going to suddenly go dark and stop functioning as input devices.  I've managed to replicate this over and over and have played with a few settings so far that have had little effect.  I have a a clean install of Vista 64-bit Ultimate SP1 and the Alienware command centre as installed at delivery.  I've attempted the following with no luck:

Vista 64-bit SP2 installed.  Still losing keyboard and mouse.

Disabled AlienFX profile, disabled "events" on TactX, disabled "allow 3rd party access to TactX/AlienFX".  Still losing the keyboard and mouse when browsing flash or video content.

I've upgraded and downgraded my flash version from 8 - 10 with no luck and have switched to the 32-bit IE browser but it didn't correct the issue.

Anyone else have issues with the TactX Keyboard and Mouse?

March 17th, 2010 18:00

ok so basically do i just go in

change the SpeedStep tech to disabled

then keep QPI Freq on auto since its already on auto

then in memory ratio its on auto, so  i have hit enter and Select 8 for 1067/1333MHz memory.

disable XMP support since since i want it NON overclocked at 8 right??

and then when you said

* Select Overclock Configuration and press Enter
3.20GHz = 160, Enabled, Auto, 100, Disabled, 26,25,25,25,110,130
* Go back by pressing ESC and select Overvoltage Configuration and press Enter
3.20GHz = +20mv, Auto, 1.10v, Default
* Press F10 to Save and Exit

i have no idea what you are talking about here... do i have to do this?  this is where im thrown off. and where did you get 3.20GHz from?

March 17th, 2010 18:00

Thanks for the instructions but wow that seems quite complex. i thought it was a simple 1 number change.

to take off over clock i have to do all that?

and wait are these instructions to overclock it? i think im confused cuz it says Manual Overclocking i7-920.

but we want to UN overclock it right? cuz is taht waht you did to make it stop freezing when you watching videos or on sites with flash etc

30 Posts

March 18th, 2010 07:00

Never mind dude. I thought you had some knowledge about how to work the Bios. It is better that you talk to the techs at Dell to do it for you. Just tell them that you want to leave the CPU overclocked but not the memory.

The Bios is complicated and you can easily mess things up.

March 18th, 2010 22:00

lol alright,

ill call after my finals<
i really hope that solves the problem. youd think since we paid 3k+ we wouldnt have issues like this :(

3 Posts

March 29th, 2010 01:00

in reading the posts, I also have an Aurora ALX with the same problems. Has anyone solved their problems by leaving the CPU overclocked but not the memory as suggested above?

No Events found!