Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2012 10:00

Aurora ALX won't start up, possible faulty motherboard?

Hi there,

Bit of a problem. I have a Aurora ALX that I purchased around  July 2010 ( no extended warranty mores the pity, hindsights always 20 20 isn't it).

Anyway yesterday I updated Itunes and the computer restarted but had a BSOD ( didn't get the code ) shortly after. the machine restarted again but froze up shortly after.  I restarted it again by holding down the power button but it did not work

The Fans start and the lights come on, but the screen remains blank and after several seconds came on as a blank white screen with nothing else happening. There were no noises, no beeps, and no windows fanfare. ( i'm guessing if it booted and it was just the screen that the videos on the network would still be picked up by my PS3 as well so it seems nothing is happening).

Tried restarting several more times but the same thing. Lights and fans, then nothing and the screen goes blank white. the keyboard does SOMETHING since sometimes pressing either CTRL ALT DEL or CTRL ALT ESC seems to cause it to try to start up again ( not consistently though) this second restart also occassionally resulted in multiple beeps very fast ( to fast to even estimate a count).

Later I unplugged the USB connection for the keyboard/mouse and now when I start the machine up it still does the same thing but I also get three beeps.

The user manual says this is the motherboard - possible chipset failure ( which I do not take to be good news). 

Question is what do I do now, Is it salavageable and if so what should I try?

If not how do I get it repaired/replaced - I gather the motherboard is proprietary so I know I can't buy one myself ( not that I have ever installed a motherboard before).  So what do I do now?

And how much cash am I looking at shelling out? ( I'm in the UK btw). 

will be really grateful for any advice and help that can be offered. Thanks in advance. 

No Responses!
No Events found!