ihatejo1
2 Iron

Aurora-R1, MIO board issues

h i wonder if anyone one can help. i have a aurora R1 that had a on going problem with its LED lights for a while now . i ran the test diagnostic out side of windows and when i tested the the cables it came up with ( front panel usb cable port 2 not installed ) ? anyone have any ideas .

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

RE: usb port 2

My posts here:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19454040.aspx

So, in Dell Diags ... can you test the MIO-Board or exercise the lights?

What is the exact message?

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
ihatejo1
2 Iron

hi Tesla you' helped me before about my mio-board it's still not working ! I ran another test on my R1 just on the USB's and it came up with (front usb cable port 2 not installed) . never seen that one before ? I was wondering if that was connected to the board not working ? 

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

According to my notes:

MotherBoard Connections:
MB USB1 - MIO-Board (one USB channel for MIO, one for FlexBay)
MB USB2 - Front-Top Panel (2 x USB 2.0 Ports)

So, Front (top) USB ports are not really part of MIO-Board. Check cable that goes from MB header "USB2" directly to those ports. Each half or set of pins (on that 10 pin header) runs 1 front USB port.

- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
ihatejo1
2 Iron

ok thanks ! the only test iv not done is Alienware fxalien tester can't find it anywhere on my PC iv checked all the files and run a search and it found nothing ? any ideas ? have you got a link or know where to find it 

0 Kudos
ihatejo1
2 Iron

sorry to be a pest but just one more thing I just done a repair command center instead of just uninstalling . just before the end it asked me to pick my aurora model from a drop down box when I clicked on it the only model there was a R4 ? mines a R1 . any ideas did I get the wrong file ? 

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

ok thanks ! the only test iv not done is Alienware fxalien tester can't find it anywhere on my PC iv checked all the files and run a search and it found nothing ? any ideas ? have you got a link or know where to find it 

C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienwareAlienFXTester.exe

However, if Dell Diags (outside of Windows) can't Detect and/or Test MIO-Board ... there is no chance this will work in Windows.

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

sorry to be a pest but just one more thing I just done a repair command center instead of just uninstalling . just before the end it asked me to pick my aurora model from a drop down box when I clicked on it the only model there was a R4 ? mines a R1 . any ideas did I get the wrong file ? 

Always Clean-Install Command Center (uninstall, reboot, install new).

Latest version for Aurora R1 (Intel 9xx on x58 chipset) is v2.8.9.0 . Windows7-64 ONLY.

0 Kudos
ihatejo1
2 Iron

i think i must have tried every way possible installing it . thought about in safe mode ? i`ll try anything once but i don`t know my way around  computers that well .i found it strange that when i did the repair on the command center just before the end as i said yesterday it asked me to pick my model but only showed a R3 or 4 . don`t think i`ll ever get it to work .i might start looking on Ebay for a used one . still can`t find that FX tester !

0 Kudos

RE: Aurora-R1, MIO board issues

Hello Ihatejo1!

There might be corrupted files on the command center, try to follow the steps Tesla mentions uninstall the command center shut down the system and perform a power drain, download the latest version and install it.

Right after that you can try to run the AlienFX tester.

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos