Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2014 10:00

Aurora R4 Boot Up Issue

So a while ago my computer failed to boot up and beeped 5 times, I called support and was told to in short to get a new motherboard, my warranty expired literally the month before. So, wanting to get it fixed as soon as possible I got a new one and had installed. However this did not fix the problem, after much research I found it may be my graphics card. So, now I got the new graphics card and put it in with the new motherboard, it boots up now to the Alienware logo screen with the loading bar, but it does not move. It will go to a black screen after a while with a white underscore blinking, like its waiting for input but the keyboard does nothing, the computer itself makes a beeping noise when I push anything besides cntrl alt dlt. So any help will be greatly appreciated, I feel like I'm close to it finally working.  Thank you in advance!

1.8K Posts

April 23rd, 2014 12:00

Hi!

First, try to run an ePSA diagnostic and post a reply with the results. 

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2014 14:00

Hey thanks for responding, however I cannot use my keyboard at all. Pushing any key makes the motherboard make a clicking noise and results in no change on the screen

1.8K Posts

April 24th, 2014 11:00

Send me a private message with your Service Tag, contact information and link to this thread so I can help you further. 

No Events found!