Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2016 14:00

Aurora R4 problem

Hello I need some help diagnosing a problem with my Aurora r4.

I haven't noticed any abnormal behavior before this morning when I turned the machine on, did a few tasks then left it running with the monitor off. Came back several hours later and noticed that the case lights were off. Turned the monitor on, no signal. Fans in the case were running. Restarted computer by pressing button fans go, vents flare, no beep, no lights, no signal to monitor. Mucked around with ram, internal coin battery, unplugging, replugging power... symptoms remain the same. I'm not very good at diagnosing hardware problems so I thought I'd ask, any thoughts?? Cheers.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 8th, 2016 14:00

Hi,

Try a power drain. Unplug the system from the power then hold the power button for around a minute. After that, wait for another minute and turn the system back on.

Also, if the system has dual video cards, remember that the monitor should be connected to the bottom card.

5 Posts

August 8th, 2016 15:00

Hey thanks for the response! I tried this, but didn't wait an extra minute before turning the system back on. It didn't work but ill try it again!

5 Posts

August 9th, 2016 11:00

*cpu fan

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

Please do. Also try a video card reset and if the system has dual video cards, try one at a time in the top slot.

5 Posts

Ok I tried again this morning and not only did it not work but now the system failed basically completely and there came a burning smell like something fried. When i pressed the power button the cup fan spun for half a second but nothing else. I think the psu failed. But i had to run to work before I could really get a lock on the source of the fried smell. I hope if that's the case then it didn't damage any of the other components...

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 10th, 2016 16:00

The system has a PSU test button at the back, it is a little black button. You need to hold it and the system should remain on while you hold it, otherwise the PSU failed.

Let me know!

No Events found!