Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2017 14:00

Aurora R6 - Help for GPU Watercooler

Hello, I want to use an aftermarket GPU cooler for my GTX 1080 in my aurora R6, since I've read the GTX 1080 in the R6 is one of the cheapest MSI. Do you think something like : [http://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-HY-5188-B1] would fit into the case? Would it void the warranty? 

Aurora Specs : 7700k w/ watercooling, GTX 1080, 850w PSU.

February 20th, 2017 10:00

If you figure it out, let me know.

As far as i can tell though, the EVGA has no currently good spot to fit...

I don't have an R5/R6 myself to test with yet, but eventually will and I'm quite tempted to try the Asetek, as this is the OEM branded liquid cooler. (I'm hoping they're all the same size to fit in the top hat, but don't know.)

Give one a try and report back. :)

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 20th, 2017 13:00

Hi,

We do not support that unfortunately. However, you can still try installing it, and as long as nothing gets damaged during the process, the machine's warranty won't be voided. Also, we do know that the space is limited and you may not have enough to fit that. However, the machine's cooling system is usually enough to keep the GPU and all components cool.

4 Posts

February 20th, 2017 14:00

To install the GPU watercooler I would need to take apart the stock air cooler from the GTX 1080 and then install the watercooler. If nothing gets damaged in the process, it's still under warranty? Also, I might switch the front fan out to put the radiator in.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 21st, 2017 12:00

The components that do not have relation with cooling will remain in warranty, but if something happens to the CPU that is directly related, it would not be covered. For example, if in the future the computer experiences overheating issues, this would not be covered, just as if any component is damaged by overheating, it would not be covered.

September 13th, 2017 18:00

It is totally possible to install a EVGA hybrid cooler on your PC I installed one on my Aurora R6 and believe me it helps a lot. My gtx1080 is running at 1911 Mhz GPU and 5006 Mhz memory constantly without any overclocking tools remember the gtx1080 automatically overclock based on GPU temperture. My GPU temperture now is in the low 40s C compared to 82C using stock blower fan and heatsink. Pictures available per request.

1 Message

October 19th, 2017 10:00

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics.

Easy install?

TIA

October 20th, 2017 23:00

Please post pictures of your installation.  I want to do it.  Curious about how you did it. Thank you in advance!

December 13th, 2017 13:00

Pics coming soon. Sorry for the delay stay tune.

December 16th, 2017 21:00

Thanks!

December 17th, 2017 08:00

This is 100% possible just replace the radiator fan that comes with the

cooler using a 15 mm slim PWM fan connected to your motherboard to avoid

any error message during boot up. Obviously you need to do some slight

modifications to the front grill panel to properly fit the fan. The best

part is that when is done no one can tell you are running a water cooler on

your Aurora and it looks clean like factory. Please let me know if you have

any questions and have a good day.

3 Attachments

December 17th, 2017 08:00

Can you go into detail about he grill panel modifications and do you know if that's a warranty voider?

If any of you have the 1080 TI (11GB) model like me, you'll need this cooler instead of the one posted:

EVGA - Products - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC HYBRID Waterblock Cooler, Cooling, 400-HY-5598-B1 - 400-HY-5598-B1 

No Events found!