Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2010 12:00

Aurora left panel AlienFX doesn't work properly

I got an Aurora about a month ago now and the left side panel (the removable one) keeps flickering on and off and sometimes the light randomly changes to white and flickers then goes back to blue which is what it's supposed to be. I tried taking off the panel and putting it back on, but it still does it sometimes and I was wondering if there's anything I can do to stop this or what could be causing it... Is my side panel fitting on wrong or not going on all the way or somethin'?

57 Posts

June 30th, 2010 13:00

This is something that's already been reported on and never resolved, so don't expect much.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 30th, 2010 13:00

I've also seen my left panel flash to white a few times. Probably a glitch in the Alien technology. Or, maybe the Aliens are trying to signal us

Hopefully Chris will forward to the AW dev. team.

57 Posts

June 30th, 2010 14:00

Check and Check. Am using the latest.

33 Posts

Same here....but mine is not constant at all and it is not limited to that section. Sometimes the top right strip where the vents are will flash white and sometimes the left horizontal strip right below the ODDs flashes blue. No biggie since it rarely happens, but it would be nice if they fix this bug on the next update of CC.

35 Posts

I have the exact same thing.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

To get a baseline, everyone should be testing with the latest Bios A09 and Command Center A08.

28 Posts

June 30th, 2010 15:00

did you ever put your pc to sleep ? or hibernate ?

28 Posts

i know that the sleep option for some reason screws up the cc settings.but so far everything works for me but i have AO8 bios.

33 Posts

Mine did the same thing after a clean install...it appeared to be fixed and then it started again...I am also on the latest Bios and CC

28 Posts

I WAS HAVING A SIMILAR PROBLEM BUT I HAVE A AREA 51 ALX AND AFTER REINSTALLING THE CC THE RIGHT WAY EVERYTHING WORKS FINE.DOWNLOAD THE LATEST CC,UNINSTALL CURRENT ONE,RESTART PC THEN SHUTDOWN REMOVE POWER CABLE PRESS AND HOLD POWER BUTTON FOR 1 MINUTE,PLUG POWER CABLE, POWER ON PC THEN INSTALL NEW CC AFTER THATS DONE RESTART PC.

33 Posts

June 30th, 2010 16:00

did not, its either on or off

July 3rd, 2010 11:00

Also, sometimes when I put the panel back on it doesn't even turn the FX back on. it flickers sometimes or just stays off. if I push on it some more, it goes on then back off when I release. is there a certain way the panel has to be put on to make it work properly? cause I'm putting it on the same way it was before I took it off.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 3rd, 2010 12:00

I have a related question ... is it allowable to remove and replace the panel while the power is on?

I looked in the manual and didn't see any warnings against doing so. I wasn't sure, so haven't yet (to prevent any possible damage).

July 4th, 2010 16:00

I have a related question ... is it allowable to remove and replace the panel while the power is on?

I looked in the manual and didn't see any warnings against doing so. I wasn't sure, so haven't yet (to prevent any possible damage).

Well I do it sometimes. Doesn't seem to cause any problems. I don't think it's an issue since the AlienFX is just run by the same sorta system as a cell phone. The little metal prongs touch against the other metal things and it turns it on. As long as you don't unplug anything, it should be fine.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 5th, 2010 01:00

Mine hasn't flashed white (for several days) since I took the panel off and put it back on.

Seems it was just the pins not making good contact intermittently (even though the panel WAS snapped in securely). One or two of the pins likely control the color. If the signal drops for a second, it might mistake that for white.

Using Bios A09 and CC A08.

This would be any easy fix (or adjustment), but since it's not broken ... I'm not going to mess with it.

No Events found!