Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2014 21:00

Automatic Brightness Issue

Hello, i bought an alienware 17 2 months ago and since then I couldn't find a solution to this brightness problem that is actually driving me insane.
Every time im using the computer with the Battery cable plugged in, no problem appears. However, when i disconnect the battery cable my screen brightness constantly changes due to the background brightness. For example, when im on the internet my brightness drastically rise, while when im on my desktop (black wallpaper) my brightness falls down . I ve already changed adaptative brightness in power setting options and nothing changed, ive also checked drivers and that wasnt the problem. 
Please i need help!! I cant stand this anymore!! While im gaming the brightness changes every second!! Imagine that.

Every possible solution is worth to me.

1.8K Posts

April 24th, 2014 13:00

Hi!

Please clarify, by Battery cable do you mean the AC adapter?

First, I recommend you verify if the problem happens outside Windows to help us identify if this a software or hardware issue. Access the BIOS by pressing F2 at start-up and check if there any signs of the brightness flickering. Make sure you have the latest BIOS A09.

Let me know hoe it goes!

1 Message

June 13th, 2014 09:00

Goto Intel Graphic Properties.Click on power option and Disable "Display Power saving Technology" from the "ON Battery" option.   

IT worked for me..:)

February 5th, 2015 07:00

I'm having this problem as well (on an Inspiron 7000), but do not see "Display Power saving Technology" anywhere in the Intel control panel.

No Events found!