Highlighted
Jack Kane
1 Copper

Battlefield 3 Update Error - Directx setup error an internal error occurred

Hey Folks,

Just updated Origin on 22.11.11 through Google Chrome and I ended up with a directx error - "directx setup error an internal error occurred"

The game said it installed successfully all the same.

When I launched the game, I managed to get into the game but the graphics were 'broken' and flickering all over the place.   Not laggy, choppy or whatever, 'broken' up into square sections if that makes sense.

I'm running Catalyst 11.10 drivers on my HD 6900 crossfire x set up.

The game ran perfectly before the Origin update.

I have an Area 51 i7 desktop.

I've also searched far and wide for this error, but I've not tried any fixes I've found yet in case you guys had any better ideas to try first.

Any help would be fantastic ๐Ÿ™‚

John

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sajin1337
3 Argentium

Re: Battlefield 3 Update Error - Directx setup error an internal error occurred

go back to the older version of origin. reinstall the video drivers. download & run dxwebsetup.exe

System specs:

MB: GA-X99-SOC Champion
 CPU: 5960x @ 4.4GHz
 RAM: 16GB G.Skill @ 3400MHz
GPU's: 4x Titan X
PSU: 1600w T2
SSD: 480GB Intel 730.
Monitor: PG278Q

0 Kudos
Jack Kane
1 Copper

Re: Battlefield 3 Update Error - Directx setup error an internal error occurred

Thanks Sajin ๐Ÿ™‚

I tried the new 11.11 catalyst drivers, but although it fixed the broken graphics, but the game crashed on start up and caused instant reboot.   Also, when it did manage to get into the server the lag was happening when facing and firing and an enemy, not good!

Anyway, I removed the 11.11 video drivers and installed 11.10 again, as these were running perfectly before the game update.   This has worked, no lag, graphics are perfect and the game is only crashing/freezing now and again, but this seems to be a common issue with thousands of others.

Just thought I'd post this fix for me in the hope that it helps somebody with a similar issue.

Many thanks for reading.

John ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos