Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 11th, 2015 12:00

Black screen on startup, help

So I tried restoring my pc to an earlier point in time before I had uninstalled a few things and after it restarted it literally just shows the alienware logo for a few seconds then cuts to a black screen. I don't know what to do please help

June 11th, 2015 17:00

It's been a blacklit screen since yesterday, hasn't responded to anything. I've been looking all day and I can't find anything to help it. I've tried pressing f12 on startup but it doesnt do anything

166 Posts

June 11th, 2015 17:00

Might be possible it is doing updates, and installing same.  

MIght notice that each time you restart the machine, it shows a different number of updates installing.  Either give it a few hours, or take the internet away from it. 

June 11th, 2015 18:00

Ok I uninstalled my Nvidia drivers to try and reinstall them and it wouldn't work (kept saying it couldn't find any drivers for my pc) so I figured I'd reset my computer back to an earlier point and restore its settings. It was working at first until I got a complete black screen and my pc shut off. After I tried powering it back up the problem I described started occuring

166 Posts

June 11th, 2015 18:00

If you have powered off, and powered back on.  Then,    I dunno.  Best if you describe the exact computer hardware you have, and the sequence of events that led to problems. 

That is was the computer working how well when you started to re install the OS, which OS was that, What was the exact order of events that you went through. 

Then, I do not know, but the Alienware forum guys will come along, and they know more than I. 

If you still have Paid for support, then by all means call Alienware support.  

No Events found!