Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2017 16:00

Cursor disappeared

I turned on my Alienware 17 R2 a few days ago and the cursor had disappeared. While troubleshooting, I was in the Control Panel and checked for the cursor location to be noted when I  pressed Control. So, now when I press Ctl, I get a bunch of circles where I last tapped on the screen, but there's no visible cursor. The touch screen works, the keyboard works, but no visible cursor. Does anyone have an idea about how to get my beloved cursor back?

3 Posts

January 4th, 2017 17:00

I should add that the touch pad also doesn't seem to be working. If I locate the cursor by tapping on the screen and pressing Ctl, then try moving the cursor using the touch pad, when I press Ctl again it's at the same location.

757 Posts

January 5th, 2017 10:00

Look in Control Panel, Mouse, and then pointer options. If you have "Display pointer trails" selected deselect and see if there is an improvement.

You can also try selecting a different Windows Aero scheme in the same Mouse Properties to see if you still have the same issue. If so your mouse may be defective or if battery operated weak batteries.

No Events found!