This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 12th, 2016 06:00

Delete This Thread Please

901 Posts

July 12th, 2016 08:00

Hi.

You will never get the "full" capacity of a HDD as 10% is lost during formatting.

I'm a little confused as to how you have set up your lappy, most of it sounds right except for some of the terminology used but that might just be me. I'll include what I know and maybe you can sort it out.

System BIOS should be set to:

UEFI.

Legacy OPRom enabled.

Windows Fastboot Disabled

Secureboot Disabled

Boot method RAID.

OS should be installed on 1TB HDD.

Drivers should then be loaded in correct order - Do not enable Intel Rapid Storage tech yet.

If you intend to install AlienRespawn, do not enable IRST until AlienRespawn has completely finished.

If you do not intend to install AlienRespawn then you can enable IRST after ALL drivers are installed.

Open IRST window and go to "acceleration" once you have enabled "acceleration" your 80GB SSD will split into two drives, one will be a max of 60GB (which is the max allowable amount that IRST can use) and the other will be whatever is left over - Forget about the leftovers, their not worth the trouble.

You should not be able to see any part of the 80GB SSD when you look at your drives in windows desktop if you have done this right - Do not open disk manager and format or do anything to the 80GB, pretent like it does not exist.

Caching only speeds up another drive, it does not add or remove any drive capacity from the drive it is accelerating.

I just installed a 2TB 2.5 inch in my sons lappy, it shows as 1.81TB in windows - 10% format

4 Posts

July 12th, 2016 19:00

4 Posts

July 12th, 2016 23:00

901 Posts

July 13th, 2016 06:00

You mentioned in one of your posts that your 1TB is showing 932GB. That is what it is supposed to show, you will never get 1TB of storage from a 1TB drive.

4 Posts

July 13th, 2016 07:00

No Events found!