Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2016 01:00

Dolby Home Theatre V4 Windows 10 Help!!!

Hi there

not sure if anyone else has this issue, 

actually I know of a lot of people with this issue...but I thought I'd post a topic and hope 

someone could please help me. 

After upgrading to windows 10 a while back, I noticed that Dolby's home theatre software was missing..

I did some research and found it one of Dell's update folders. However when I installed it...it made no difference, i.e. the visualiser doesn't budge (no bars) and tweaking the settings doesn't seem to do anything.

I checked that dolby was on via the sound manager...and it was...but the home theatre software didnt seem to do anything. 

I tried reinstalling the windows 8 drivers (both A00 and A01) - did'nt work...and obviously the windows 10 drivers didn't seem to help it either. ..I also tried installing home theatre via compatibility mode 

Any idea on how to get it to work ?  

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 4th, 2016 14:00

Hi, 

To better assist you, can you please confirm your Alienware model name/revision?

11 Posts

March 5th, 2016 04:00

Mine is the Alienware 17 (880M) 2014 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 7th, 2016 12:00

Hi, 

What Bios version are you running with your Alienware?

11 Posts

March 7th, 2016 22:00

I'm currently running 

A14

11 Posts

March 9th, 2016 01:00

I've got some good news. 

Thankfully, I was able to find a solution online : ) 

Credit should go to the guys on the forums of Notebook Review (If anyone's interested - I can post the link). 

So basically this is how to do it: 

Step 1: Download latest Windows 10 driver (audio) 

- Download Windows 8.1 (A01) audio driver just in case. 

Step 2: Turn OFF your internet

Step 3: Now open the installer for the audio driver (Windows 10 first), follow the prompts etc, 

if all goes well you should have a dolby application in your system tray. You can turn on your internet now. 

If Not : 

Turn your internet OFF

Uniinstall your drivers (audio) from the device manager. Also uninstall your realtek drivers from the control panels "Programs and Features". 

With the internet still OFF

install your windows 8.1 drivers, that should install and dolby should be there. 

Then with the internet still off, install the windows 10 drivers and viola !

However, I still have a question. The Dolby software is 'Dolby Digital Plus' and Not 'Home Theatre v4' 

The v4's installer (exe) is in the zipped folder, but digital plus is what installs. I tried installing v4, but it doesn't work...none of the eq bars move and it doesn't do anything.... please help! 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 9th, 2016 11:00

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing this with the Alienware Community.

11 Posts

March 9th, 2016 22:00

No problem, 

appreciate the support : ) 

there's still the issue of: 

. The Dolby software being  'Dolby Digital Plus' and Not 'Home Theatre v4' 

The v4's installer (exe) is in the zipped folder, but digital plus is what installs. I tried installing v4, but it doesn't work...none of the eq bars move and it doesn't do anything

any ideas on how to fix this ? 

11 Posts

March 11th, 2016 21:00

Does anyone know how to get Home Theatre v4 to work ? 

I know lenovo machines and acer machines had the same software, and for both drivers have been provided to fix the issue...so uh...dell : ) 

3 Posts

July 9th, 2016 21:00

This sounds like a lot of work, I would do the following instead.

Download the 8.1 drivers then extract the exe using 7-zip.

inside the extracted folder navigate to \RealtekHDAudio\DS1\x64

run the DolbyDigitalPlusHT.msi

and done.

No Events found!