Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2015 17:00

FPS freeze Alienware 15 Notebook

First of all sorry for my english, i'm chilean and sorry if you can't understand what i'm tryng to say sometimes.

Well, after that i have 2 notebook alienware 15 this month, one of them have some issues sometimes with the keyboard (sometimes didn't respond) but i can play, like a week, some times like League of Legends and Counter Strike: Global Ofensive. Well in that notebook i didn't have problems with somo FPS freeze for a while, I'm talking about 1 sec or 2 playing league of legends or cs when the fps goes from 60 to 30 causing a "freezing moment" in the notebook. Now for the issues of the keyboard i change the notebook for another (same model) and this notebooks have the problems that i mentionated before and not only playing, using the notebook as well.

How do i fixed?

thanks for your time and comprehension

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 12th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Just confirm, you received a replacement system for the Alienware 15 that was having the keyboard problem but the replacement system is now having slow performance in games, is that correct?

5 Posts

November 12th, 2015 10:00

Yes, i replacement my old Alienware 15 who was having the keyboard problem for another NEW Alienware 15, but this notebook has some issues like drop or freezing fps in range of 0.5 . 1 s and then goes well again. For example i play a game in 45 minutes and drops or "freeze" the fps from 60 to 30 about 8 - 10 times during the game in that interval of seconds.

Thnx for your time to read me.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 13th, 2015 10:00

Hi, 

Have you tried reinstalling the video card drivers? Just to confirm, you have the Alienware 15 R2 right?

5 Posts

November 16th, 2015 05:00

Yes i have the Alienware 15 R2, well i tried with the updates from windows, nothing's happen's, i tried updates from the dell pages (video cards and change my bios from A04 to A06) nothing's happen's, i tried to establish my notebook from manufacturer form, nothing's happen's. So here is a question, when i upgrade, from windows or dell page, and i return back my notebook to manufacturer's form did i reinstalling the video card drivers doing that or not?, or maybe i must to do it by myself, if that's the case, can you do me a manual or the way that i must to do it?.

Thanks for your time, i really appreciated.

And sry for my english again xD

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 20th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Well if you did an Alien Respawn system recovery, this restores the system to factory settings so are reinstalling all of the drivers and the operating system by doing this, is this what you did?

5 Posts

November 20th, 2015 09:00

Well i went to Windows key, then to search, and then to delete everything and reinstall windows, that's what i did

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 24th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

I’m not sure if you actually did reinstall Windows but you can try doing an Alien Respawn system recovery to restore the system to factory settings. You will not have to install the drivers or Alienware applications because they will be restored again (your data and programs will be deleted). Click here to view a video which explains how to restore your system to factory settings using Alien Respawn.

5 Posts

November 24th, 2015 13:00

But what's the difference between do the recovery from Windows tool, and alienware respawn?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 25th, 2015 08:00

I believe the recovery tool only installs the operating system. Alien Respawn installs the operating system, the drivers and the Alienware applications, it will be like when you first got it.

No Events found!