Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 23rd, 2015 18:00

Factory Restore my System

1. If my factory settings OS is vista and I have a factory system recovery cd burned from AlienRespawn, would it work if I will try to restore it if my OS is Win7?

2. I tried recovering my factory settings both OS (WinVista % Win7) but the 6th option that shows "Dell Back up and recovery/AlienRespawn restore" when I access "Repair my Computer".

3. The system reserve is already gone due to complete replacement of hardisks, how do I install the alienrespawn again to show it up in "Recovery Options".

86 Posts

August 24th, 2015 01:00

No if you are using Windows 7 media made on computer A on a computer B which came with Windows Vista it likely won't work.

No if you have upgraded Computer B from Vista to 7 the Dell DataSafe Local Backup will stop working.

On your Vista computer, install Windows 10130 and use it as a stepping stone to get Windows 10 Pro for free:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-xpvista-%e2%86%92-windows-10-free-upgrade/

20 Posts

August 24th, 2015 13:00

Is there any way to install/recover the Dell DataSafe Local Backup to my Vista or Win7?

I would really like to upgrade my system to Win10 but unfortunately, some of my drivers is not yet available in Win10 (Like Bluetooth,etc).

Last question, my Wireless adaptor WIFI is not working in normal boot but when I tried going to safe mode with networking, it is working fine. My guess is some of my drivers is causing it, is there anyway to know what driver is that?

20 Posts

August 24th, 2015 14:00

What is this Windows 10130 by the way? A windows update or operating system? Can I download it externally?

86 Posts

August 25th, 2015 01:00

Windows 10130 is the Windows Insider Preview. This build in particular was the last build that had a generic key for product activation and used an activation mechanism that wasn't device based. It is an eligible base OS to get Windows 10 Pro.

Microsoft provided it as a direct .iso, since then they have removed the .iso but it may be found as a direct link in some unofficial locations.

What Wireless and Bluetooth cards do you have?

No Events found!