Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2017 19:00

Factory settings reset, booting loop error

Hi,

Over the best couple weeks I've had a problem running this game on my computer, and kept running into a bunch of errors. It seemed some files may have been accidentally deleted on my computer and I was having lots of problems so I decided to just restore it to factory settings. I didn't have a disk so instead I just used the f8 restore settings thing. It was all going fine until this. I ran into an error where it would show these screens,(resuming windows, setup is preparing your computer for first use, setup will continue after restarting your computer loading windows files.)And a couple of other windows screens I don't know how to describe. It just keeps going through this loop over and over. I've tried booting it in Safe mode and a bunch of other stuff, but it's very restricted on what I can do right now. I'm running windows7, have Intel corei7, and I think it's an alienware 17. Please help, it's been doing it for two days and I have no idea how to fix. I don't have any of the disks.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 8th, 2017 08:00

Hi bubbleup99‌,

Send me a private message with the service tag, so I can check this.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 8th, 2017 15:00

My guess is your hard-drive crashed (or is failing) or your little SSD cache RAID thingy went screwy.

Nuke and Pave (format and clean install) with working drives and external media. I suggest your deactivate "yester-years" small RAIDed SSD. If you can make it work again, now would be a good time to upgrade your main C: drive to a real bootable SSD (240gb would be fine). 

No Events found!