Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2010 01:00

GTX295 crashes

Hey guys , 

I was just playing modern warfare 2  and my aurora crashed and restarted then it wouldnt reboot and was making  6 beeps i checked my owner's manual and this says 6 beeps means  video card or chip failure.........  After waiting 5 minutes i tried to boot again and it seems to be working now but i haven't tried games yet. As I've previously stated i was getting a hell of a lot of crashes a couple of months ago but turning off alienware fusion services seems to have fix that but i have had a few random crashes over the last month probably 3 or 4.  This is the first time I've heard the 6 beeps  but now im wondering if my graphics card is whats been causing the crashes since i fixed the fusion issues .......  I'm basically wondering do u guys think i should ask for a replacement graphics card.....    I don't think 4 months after buying my Aurora i should be having these problems also how would i go about requesting a replacement ?  

The fact i heard the 6 beeps has me worried that my gfx card might fail completely real soon    

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 22nd, 2010 06:00

If your in the USA, I need the following in a private message. Click my username, click Send Message -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
PC Service Tag number:
Reason/Issue: Defective video card GTX295

18 Posts

September 22nd, 2010 09:00

Thanks for the response. I'm from Australia. Does that mean u can't help ?   I've been playing F1 2010 for the last few hours to test it out and it hasn't crashed but  I'm still concerned that it shut down and made the 6 beeps for failed gfx card.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 22nd, 2010 12:00

You need to contact Dell Australia Support and get the video card replaced.

No Events found!