Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

October 28th, 2012 17:00

Graphics Card

I ordered an Alienware Aurora R4 and it was supposed to come with AMD Radeon 6870 graphics card but it came with 7800 series. How can I find out exactly what card I have? I tried my computer, properties, catalyst control center, etc. but it only tells me 7800 series. I want to buy a new graphics card for a crossfire setup but I don't know if I should buy a 7850 or 7870. Can anyone help me out?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 28th, 2012 19:00

Hi randall421,

To know what type of video card is installed on your computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open ‘dxdiag’ by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type ‘dxdiag’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘dxdiag’.
  2. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the ‘Display’ tab.
  3. On the ‘Display’ tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the ‘Device’ section. You can see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has.

Let me know the video card installed. Based on your reply, I will be able to assist you further.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 28th, 2012 21:00

Moving to the Alienware Owners Club Forum.

October 28th, 2012 21:00

I tried dxdiag already. It just said, "amd radeon hd 7800 series" I've done everything I know how including opening the PC to look at it and nothing has been able to tell me if it's the 7850 or 7870. It says my card has approx. 1075MB memory and CCC (catalyst control center) said 2048MB.

1.2K Posts

October 29th, 2012 05:00

download gpu-z .. it will list everything about the card including actual model

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 29th, 2012 22:00

Hi randall421,

If the GPU-Z did not help you to determine the video card present in your system. I‘d require the service tag of your computer.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name ‘DELL-Ravi Ch ’highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps.

4.4K Posts

May 16th, 2013 02:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.        

No Events found!