Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2011 22:00

Graphics anomalies 6970m

Has anyone else had this issue? I got my brand new m17xr3 yesterday and fired up Call of Duty:Black Ops. Everything was running fine until the actual gameplay started. Around the screen, there are random blocks of black and gray around the screen. They stay in the same place when I move around the stages. I switched to the integrated graphics (yes, I am aware it's NOT for gaming) and the blocks were gone. I also tried other games (Oblivion, Max Payne, Dawn of War, Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter IV, Bioshock) Same issue, 6970 had random blocks on screen, integrated did not. I ran GPU-z, and there seems to be no problems with the clock speeds or memory, ran a system test(the f12 upon startup diag) and it found no issues with the display or the graphics card. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! -Cj

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 12th, 2011 10:00

CJCIVICX,

Have you tried adjusting the ingame video settings to see if the issue is present throughout? Test Ultra High, High, Medium, Low.

3 Posts

May 12th, 2011 23:00

Chris,

Yes, I have tried several different settings on each game named. I tried adjusting anti-aliasing (in game and with catalyst), antistrpoic filtering (in game and with catalyst), Vsync (in game). Every time, there are certain areas on the screen that have gray or black blocks that stay in the same area of the screen no matter where I move (I.e. Oblivion, when I am playing, no matter where I look in game, or where I am, outside, in a cave there are the same areas of the monitor that are gray and black blocks.) I have also tried updating windows, patching all games to current. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver (I used the one from the support website). Still, during games I have these blocks. Also, on loading screens, depending on the game, it looks like certain pixels on the lcd are either red or green. I will try to get some screen shots tonight to upload and show what I mean. Thank you for the quick reply! - Cj 

No Events found!