Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 11th, 2014 14:00

HDMI port broken leading to other graphic problems x51

Yesterday when loading up my x51 the screen went black and it said no hdmi signal could be found. I assumed the port had just broken but when i swapped hmdi port and turned my pc back on it said that my pc had recovered from an unexpected error. Now every time I try to use the broken hdmi port my pc shuts itself down, now this wouldnt be a problem but i can no longer run anything other than low quality graphics on any of my games, so im thinking there may be a bigger problem. Does anybody have any ideas how to fix it?

Two days ago whilst loading up my PC it shut down and said no HDMI signal. I assumed it was just it was just a broken HDMI port so I proceeded to swap to the back up HDMI port. But now when I try to play game that my graphics card can clearly optimise it struggles to run any game even in low quality. I opened up my GeForce control panel and it now says that it can not optimise games on this PC due to lack of GPU which makes me think my Graphics Card has bust as part of the HDMI problem (if I use that HDMI port it works for around 1 minute before it shuts down my PC and then says it recovered from an error). Any idea of what the problem is or how to fix it? Or should I phone up Dell to get it fixed as my PC is still within warranty.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 12th, 2014 09:00

richfam,

List all the available ports on the bottom discrete GeForce video card. List all the available ports on your monitor.

You stated, "while loading up my PC", does that mean you were installing software or what?

2 Posts

May 12th, 2014 09:00

List all the available ports on the bottom discrete GeForce video card. List all the available ports on your monitor.

It is not a monitor problem, I've used the monitor HDMI for other stuff, and the second HDMI port on my x51 works but i can no longer optimise games, it seems like it has broken my graphics card. My GeForce control panel says i dont meet the requirements to optimise games and its basically saying i have no graphics card.

You stated, "while loading up my PC", does that mean you were installing software or what?

I was turning it on, it had literally just finished loading up and i was about to open up skype when it went off.
You'll have to excuse me, I'm not great with computers as I only use them for gaming.

1.8K Posts

May 12th, 2014 13:00

Hi richfam,

First, try to do a clean installation of the video drivers as explained on this article and make sure you have the latest BIOS A14

If the Video Card is not being recognized, go into the BIOS (press F2 repeatedly at start-up) and check if it's being detected on the Main tab. Then go to Advanced/Integrated Devices and disable the option that says PCIe-gen3.

Run an ePSA diagnostic and let me know if the issue persists. 

No Events found!