Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2013 22:00

Help! Black Screen and Crash for Alienware m17X R3

Hello everyone, I am using the Alienware m17X R3 for a year, but this week it makes me mad. It was suddenly goes to Black screen and Crash even I was just using the Chrome to watching video. Sometimes,  It happened when just login to the Windows. Is it the graphics card's problem?Or, are there any problem? And, How could I fix it ? P.S I do the PC Diagnostics, it said not had problem with the hardware.

Processor: Intel Core i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Installed memory: 16.0GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 580m
System: Windows 7 Home premium

Thanks everyone. please help me. 

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

August 12th, 2013 00:00

Hi Kimilababy,

I suspect it is a driver issue. Please update BIOS and video driver and check:

BIOS: http://dell.to/1632Yqg

Note: While flashing BIOS connect the Ac adapter and make sure the battery has minimum 15% charge as this needs uninterrupted power supply. Do not use the system till it restarts and comes up to the desktop

Video driver: http://dell.to/16KbwDg

Restart the system and check. Reply with the status.

3 Posts

August 12th, 2013 18:00

Thanks Sujatha.

I down load the GTX580M_Vbios_A01.iso and burn it in to a CD. and ,Try to reboot system. But the CD just popup, I try for few CD and still no working. I put into some DVD, and the computer can read it. How can let it load the VBIOS?

Thank you again.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

August 13th, 2013 04:00

Hi Kimilababy,

To flash BIOS, the system should be working fine and the battery should have at least 15% charge. You cannot flash BIOS is the system is not powering on.

I recommend you to click on the link given in the earlier and flash BIOS on the system.

3 Posts

August 13th, 2013 23:00

I had connect the Ac adapter and make sure the battery has fully charge. It was the VBIOS not the BIOS.

BIOS I has did it successfully. But the VBIOS was not.

Can the VBOIS flash in the Windows?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

August 14th, 2013 23:00

Hi Kimilababy.

I suggest not to flash VBIOS. I would like to know the status after the BIOS and video driver update. I have provided the link for the same earlier.

Also check the system behavior in Safe mode with Networking. To go to ‘Safe Mode’ restart the system and at the Dell logo tap the F8 key every two seconds. In the ‘Advanced Boot options’ window using arrow keys,  select ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ and hit enter.

In case the issue persists even after drivers update and even in Safe Mode, I recommend you to run diagnostics on the hardware components of the system. Please click on the link below for instruction to run diagnostics:

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Reply with the status.

30 Posts

April 30th, 2014 14:00

Seems everyone is having problems with the m17x(for a vey long time) , surely by now there should be some conclusions ... do you have any ? Or is it true that there is a design flaw and Dell/Alienware is just sending us all on wild-goose-chase and hoping we disappear ? Chuck
No Events found!