Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2012 21:00

How do i backup using alienrespawn to my external hard drive??

Hi i am trying to backup my system to my 3tb GoFlex hard drive but when  i go to backup in alienrespawn it only shows backup to CD or Flash Drive.. 1.) I tried cds and burnt up 10 of them and still wasnt half done.. 2.) i only have a 16gig flash drive!! any help would be appreciated thanks:) Also is it worth it to buy premium feature? for the extra 40 bucks, i already spent over 2k on this thing and they can only give us basic?? jeeze:(

3.3K Posts

October 24th, 2012 00:00

Hi Slednecks13,

I have provided a link below which has complete information about Alien Respwan which can back up files on to an external device connected to the computer.

http://alwchecker.alienrespawn.com/alwchecker-en.html

To back up data on an external drive like hard drive we need to upgrade to premium version.
5228.Re spawn.jpg

If you have already subscribed to premium version, the option to back up on an external drive would be available.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

October 23rd, 2012 21:00

and if i cannot backup to my external is there any good free programs out there that will help!? thanks:)

October 30th, 2012 17:00

Thank you for your fast input! I will have to decide on what to do eventually

348 Posts

October 31st, 2012 07:00

Windows Backup and Restore (with win 7) allows you to back up to network drives, usb or local hdd.  

October 31st, 2012 09:00

You can use the Windows one also. The Respawn Premium version should work just fine as stated above by my partner.

348 Posts

October 31st, 2012 16:00

One thing I can tell you is the Windows one consumed about 750gb of storage in a year of average use (lasted me about 9 months), it makes a system image, and a data backup, so it can eat storage in no time. Its also not very customisable. I forgot I even had it running until I discovered my 750gb hard drive was full heh.

1 Message

March 22nd, 2013 02:00

um just asking but i have a alienware mx14 r2 recently bought, and the first time alienware respawn asked me to back up it was able to detect my usb drive but my usb did not have enough space so i closed the application. however now that i have a 16 gb thumdrive i tried to use alienware respawn to backup but it is not able to detect my thumbdrive. i tried using the old one that did not have enough space but alienware respawn did not detect that either. what should i do?

No Events found!