Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2013 04:00

Huge FPS Drop issue in Alienware m14x R2

I'm experiencing a huge FPS drop when i play games on my laptop.
I called the DELL Technical Support (India) but they were unable to troubleshoot the problem and they just replaced my motherboard which was not necessary (and the problem still persists).

I've tried almost everything,
- Restoring my machine
- A clean format
- Installing the drivers in the proper sequence (Recommended ones first)
- Added every game i play to the Optimus NVIDIA control panel.
- Using the latest NVIDIA GeForce Experience to get the optimum settings for every game installed on my machine.
-All my drivers, BIOS version (A 12) and everything is up to date.

What i found was ----
When i run Alien-Autopsy then My Machine passes the "High Stress Gaming Test"
But the FPS goes to 5-6 FPS from 55-60 FPS during the "Wireframe Shader Rendering Test" & "Wireframe Line Test" for both Intel HD Graphics 4000
& NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. Everything was so good when i purchased M14x. Both the tests that i mentioned above ran smoothly at 50-60 FPS.
I cannot understand what to do with this information i obtained. I really need your help.
My Rig :-
Intel i7-3630QM, 2.40GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
RAM - 6GB
OS - Windows 8 Single Language

Regards-
Manvendr

May 29th, 2013 12:00

How are the temperatures when you run the stress test?

May 30th, 2013 06:00

I've sent the log file in the attachment. Do have a look please.
And thanks a ton for your concern. I hope you can provide me with a solution to the persisting issue.

1 Attachment

May 30th, 2013 07:00

It looks well, but the only thing that concerns me is the fact that the CPU core is getting to 87C, that may be the reason why it is dropping the FPS. Can you try to repaste the CPU or even use throttle stop? If you use that make sure you monitor the temperatures because they may get higher than usual.

May 30th, 2013 08:00

Throttling means that the computer downcloks (lowers the performance) on purpose to stay at a certain temperature. Throttle stop is a software that prevents this.

May 30th, 2013 08:00

I can disassemble and re-paste the CPU myself but i have no idea what does 'Throttling' means technically and how to stop it.

Please help.

May 30th, 2013 09:00

Ohk

I'll get back to you once it's done. :-)

Thanks a lot . .!!

No Events found!