Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2010 00:00

I was happy I made up my mind to get an Alienware, Now I am frustrated and regretting my decision.. Worst customer service.. EVER!

I have never dealt with Dell nor Alienware before. I was in a need for a new computer so I was making up my mind on what to get. Then, I decided to get one to give Alienware a try even after reading bad reviews about it. I was so excited after I placed my order, that was back in early November 2010.  When placing the order, my sales representative said that my computer should be arriving on November 22, 2010 which is not bad for a custom built computer. The sales rep also told me that I should be receiving an email when the computer is sent out. Then, it was the beginning of frustrations.  Several days before the estimated delivery date, I kept checking my order status and email, still "in Production", no updates at all.  I thought Dell forgot to send me an email or forgot to update the status.  I decided to wait until the delivery date, who knows maybe the computer was on its way.  November 22nd arrived, nothing received.  I decided to chat with a representative because it was too late to contact my sales rep.  The agent told me my computer order HAS BEEN CANCELLED... I was shocked.  The agent couldn't explain what happened to the order and told me he/she cant do anything about it.  I decided to call my sales rep early in the morning to confirm if the order was really cancelled. She said it was and she is not sure why but maybe some parts were on backorder; however, she asked me to give Dell another chance because she will expedited my order and guarantee that the computer should be at my door on the first week of December. This time the estimated delivery date was December 10, 2010 but the sales rep assure that it will be on the first week of December, not second.  I gave Dell another chance and waited for 2 more weeks.  End of first week of December, nothing and still "in Production"...  I call my sales rep again on the next business day (December 6th). She said she was not sure what is going on, but will talk to her supervisor what they can do from their part and promised to call me back in a hour.  2 hours later my phone rang, the sales rep told me that I should be receiving it on Thursday (December 9th).  I wasn't sure. Then I checked my order status, and it changed from "in Production" to "Shipped". Thursday afternoon, nothing on my door. I checked my tracking number, it still says "in Transit in US". I call Purolator to see what is going on. The said the are still waiting for the parcel from the US and unless they receive the package, they cant do anything nor they have any idea of where the package is.  December 10th Friday morning (the actual delivery date from the site), I call my sales rep, she was either very busy or ignoring my calls, so I called Dell customer care. I talk to a representative, she said that in the US, they got a big snow storm so everything is delayed. I said ok and wait until Monday. December 13, Purolator still says "in Transit in US".  Then I called my sales rep, she said she is not sure what is going on, and told me to call customer care immediately to tell them to expedited the order.  I call customer care immediately, waiting for over 30 minutes on the phone to get a representative. I explained my situation to the representative, and she said she will send a request to send me a replacement and that I will need to wait for another 7 to 10 business days!.  At this point, I am already mad. I have been waiting for too long for a stupid computer. Dell already wasted me a month and a half for nothing!  So I requested the representative if I can talk to someone with more power, maybe her supervisor or manager. She sent a request for that and told me that her supervisor should be calling me within 30 minutes because the supervisor is in a call. 2 hours later, no phone call... I called again, talked to another representative, explain my situation, and demanded to talk to a supervisor. The rep then transfer me to manager who claim she is has the highest power of the customer representative department. So I told her my case and she said there is nothing she can do besides requesting to send me out a replacement  but it will still take 7 to business days. I told her I don't want to waste my time if Dell is not serious here on doing business. So I asked her if she can expedited the order and arrive this week. She said no and even said she can cancel my order refund me the money if I don't accept. I am like. Now Dell is manipulating me, to either **WAIT or GET MY MONEY BACK!

What kind of customer service is this. After waiting for a month and a half, I get this kind of service? And good job Dell, I think your strategy to not get business is working pretty well.

And who knows what happened to the money during that month and a half? Make a term deposit for a month and a half and make some interest out of it and then refunding your customer the principal? I could have earn some interest too if I didn't waste my time with you guys.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, EVER.

501 Posts

December 14th, 2010 01:00

Personally, after my own experience and those of many others here, I would go for the refund. I wish they would offer me such an option but no, I'm stuck with this 3.380 euro paper weight.

You didn't say which model you had purchased?

3 Posts

December 14th, 2010 10:00

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I got an Aurora 

December 14th, 2010 10:00

In all honestly don't buy during November or December. last year was the worst I seen.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 14th, 2010 11:00

I ordered mine June 10th (a Thursday). They said the computer would be delivered in 2 weeks. My monitor showed up Tuesday (3 business days later). The computer was delivered 3 days early on June 22 (just using the free UPS ground shipping for all).

Over the years, I have personally ordered about 10 Dells. I have helped countless others order Dells (consumer and business). We just use the website and then they show up in 14 days or less. I can't remember ever talking to Dell on the phone about an order ... well, maybe once.

When you configured it, did you add any items that were flagged "This item may delay your delivery date"? If yours was delayed, it's likely due to a shortage of one part.

Only one time was there a problem (just happened to be my brother's PC). It was in the 4th quarter of 2009. I believe several factors were at play:
1. Dell had to hold machines until the Windows 7 release date.
2. Apparently, they were having problems ramping up production of a new model (the current Area-51).
3. Holiday rush.

501 Posts

December 14th, 2010 11:00

Right, well I don't know why they are having such trouble supplying you with the PC.
I would suggest you ask for compensation for the trouble you have been put to. Otherwise just demand a refund and call it a day.

10 Posts

December 14th, 2010 13:00

Sorry to hear you have had a hard time getting your computer.

I purchased an aurora with just some small enhancements like the i7 930 and Dual ATI Radeon HD 5670

I received my system 5 days before the promised date. From what I have read on the blog, buying an Alienware is

like getting a car you will get a lemon or a good one. For me I was lucky I got a very good one. I have had none

of the issues I have read on this blog.

As for customer support they are hard to get the right person on the phone, but with some determination

you can get your issue resolved.

3 Posts

December 14th, 2010 14:00

I thought about that too, thats why I try to stay as stock as possible.

431 Posts

December 14th, 2010 15:00

If i were you id get the refund... I wish I got a refund when I still had the chance.. The tech support is downright terrible. If you have ANY reason to contact tech support you will be disappointed.

December 14th, 2010 17:00

If i were you id get the refund... I wish I got a refund when I still had the chance.. The tech support is downright terrible. If you have ANY reason to contact tech support you will be disappointed.

My AW has been good to me. The couple of times that I called tech support was awfull. This being said I am now thinking the Dell days may be over. If you can't get good support,just build yourself and fix it yourself. The tech support was the main reson I buy Dells.

431 Posts

December 14th, 2010 18:00

AGREED. the main reason I did not build this PC was to get some tech support and not have to go through the usual trial and error of building a PC. I regret not building my own. I get zero peace of mind with the warranty from dell. I had a tech come to my house and replace my mobo only to break other components in the rig. thats just one of many bad experiences. When I have a problem now I take care of it myself. 

94 Posts

December 15th, 2010 16:00

hi guys   awhile back i did a post on my not so happy situation    http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/p/19352189/19772886.aspx#19772886 but i would like to add that so far i have not had the major problems that i read every day on this forum,and i can relate as to being jerked around by overseas support....when i ordered my aurora i made sure i had purchased premium north american support...so far i only had to call them 1 or 2 times.and they have been ok....reciently i purchased an extra two years of support wich set me back 900.00  bucks(because of a mixup with my initial purchase) but i wanted to make sure i was covered for any major failures..hookon43 is right when saying it is like buying a car....i hope dell is really reading all of these post and will change the way they do business,,the only thing the need to change is not having us  the customer   sooo many hours on the phone....even to update my warranty took over an hour.and when i needed to call back to ask a question i never got a reply......

11 Posts

December 15th, 2010 16:00

Dude, Seriously like brother 7League said TAKE THE $$$$$ and spend it elsewhere!!!!!   You haven't seen frusterated yet.......... In six minths I garuntee you'll say "that's one of the smartest suggestions you've ever had for free"! Wishd Ida listened. Once your comp arrives you'll never het another chance to see your $ again. This isn't the pretty experience that you've fantisized about, I Promise... Good Luck! (I'm on my third alienware in less than 9 months.)

No Events found!