Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2014 14:00

Intel graphics card not detected

HI

A few months ago I had to have my mother board and graphics card replaced on my Alienware Mx 17 r3.

Then recently I had to take my computer to work and use it on battery mode for the first time since the replacement parts where installed, that was when I noticed that I could not switch between the Intel card and the AMD. I looked in device manager to see that the Intel card is not listed or detected. 

I followed a fourm on how to access the intel card in bios only to discover that the bios does not detect the Intel card either. instead I have a "discreet amd card" and also unable to enable switchable graphics. but the intel extreme graphics icon is still in the system try and seems to be effecting some other programs, I tried to install the Intel drivers but nothing happened. I have updated the bios as instructed, and nothing happened no intel card detected.

I have a feeling the technician might have forgotten to transfer the Intel chip from the old mother board to the new one, but I have no idea how to check as my laptop is still under warranty and opening her up might void that. Is there any other way to check?

thankx

1.8K Posts

June 25th, 2014 23:00

Hi!

Try to re-install the OSD (On-screen display) application by following these steps: Go to Programs and Features in the Control Panel, look for the OSD application, right click and choose uninstall. Then restart the system and download and install the latest version from this link. Try the FN + F7 command again.

Let me know how it goes!

10 Posts

June 26th, 2014 04:00

I have just done a complete system restore- to factory settings-

As I mentioned the intel card is not detected by bios.  The O.S.D used to work perfectly with FN+F7 but now (even with the update) does nothing, even after a factory reset no intel device is detected which confirms to me that the hardware might be missing from the system.

thanks for the link & reply , but still nothing

1.8K Posts

June 27th, 2014 09:00

Run an ePSA diagnostic and send me the results with your Service Tag and contact information on a private message so I can assist you further.

10 Posts

June 30th, 2014 04:00

HI

Thanks for the reply will run the ePSA diagnostic when I get the time thank you for the link, things just got real in the office, have not slept in three days

10 Posts

July 14th, 2014 04:00

and where are the results located?

10 Posts

July 14th, 2014 04:00

HI

just got back form a conference soz for the long wait. just rean the eSPA and everything passsed no errors

1.8K Posts

July 15th, 2014 10:00

That's fine, I just needed to know if you received any error codes. Please send me the PM with the rest of the information I request above.

No Events found!