Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 25th, 2014 20:00

Just got an aurora today, and it's quite noisy

I'm not sure if something is wrong or not, or perhaps this is just a powerful, loud machine. One of the fans in there is really going, same loudness all the time. The thermal control application tells me my PCI fan is at 55%, constantly, and the same for my hard drive fan. yet it says system fan is 0, CPU fan is about 1200ish and all three ambient censors are 0C. Is the app just not working right? is the Aurora supposed to be so loud?

3 Posts

September 26th, 2014 06:00

Thanks but it's fixed itself somehow. Today when I turned the PC back on, the fan went back to normal speed, and now the thermal controls are giving a proper readout. Not sure what happened.

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

September 25th, 2014 23:00

IDK, compare your fan wiring to this photo of a brand new Aurora as shipped top lighting board:

top board.jpg

• command center can give you manual control of the pci-express fan & hdd fan speeds, you can turn the 55% down if you want
  • search the forum for aurora temp / temperature (sensor(s) for the fix; the 0c bug has been discussed plenty
  • use HWMonitor program for your cpu temp, keep an eye on that right now
  • 1200 rpm isn't dreadful, 4000 rpm is ... report back if things are amiss 

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

September 26th, 2014 06:00

Gremlins leftover from shipping. If the issue returns, you can power down, open your case, & make sure all your connections are seated, but be careful since it's delicate work in there. Navigate support to find your chassis service manual pdf doc for component removal to get @ the wiring:

3 Posts

September 26th, 2014 11:00

So far so good. The funny thing is I'd swear I remember a similar fan issue with my last Dell (Studio XPS 9100) when it first arrived, back in 2010. 

No Events found!