Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2012 14:00

Just received my R4 Aurora, How Do I turn on WiFi??

I just set up my r4 aurora, installed windows 7, and now I am installing each component on the Alienware Resource disk, yet I do not see any wireless device drivers / software on the disk and when I try to set up a wireless connection it says I do not have a wireless device,

am i missing something? thanks in advance I am pretty illiterate when it comes to tech :(

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 23rd, 2012 15:00

Sam C W,

Are you saying you did not purchase this with the system? Check your invoice for us.

3 Posts

Oh i see why, because it didn't come included with the tower... O_o

9 Posts

I have recently ordered the Aurora R4, Im sure unless you checked the "802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1 EDR USB Combo Adapter for an additional £55 " option in the build screen then its not going to be Wi-fi enabled and you will need an usb WiFi adapter or network cable. You should have got the order receipt with your build on it,check that first to see if its listed?

Im a bit concerned however that you needed to install Windows 7 and each component in the first place, as each system is custom built and tested before shipping, so why you would need to do this ?

Maybe its a silly suggestion, but if I were you, I would contact Dell support as soon as possible, they are there to help, its what you have paid for in your 1 yr warranty ( or better if you opted for it ) also they can help you figure out if you actually have or should have WiFi installed and if not can sort it out for you.

Good Luck, don't worry it will be fine :)

3 Posts

yes, that appears to be the problem, oh well, I have a nifty app to use my droid4 to create an internet connection so all is well until my DSL line arrives.

1 Message

October 10th, 2012 03:00

Hi Sam,

i'm in the Air Force stationed overseas in england and our BX recently started selling Auroa R4s. these computers DO NOT come with WiFi cards. is there a reason why some comps are sold with cards and some without??

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 10th, 2012 18:00

Hi Sam,

i'm in the Air Force stationed overseas in england and our BX recently started selling Auroa R4s. these computers DO NOT come with WiFi cards. is there a reason why some comps are sold with cards and some without??

You don't get it on a desktop unless you optionally select it.

Just purchase a USB WiFi dongle. They are like $20-$30 USD and I think better because the antenna ends up outside the machine. Netgear or Linksys should be fine (stick to the "big" names ).

Also, if at all possible ... please just use a real ethernet cable (much faster).

May 20th, 2013 04:00

The current configuration of the Aurora doesn't even mention anything about a Wifi pack...

Network cable it is then..

No Events found!