Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2015 19:00

Long Long Long wait for my Alienware

Hi all
I purchased an Alienware 17 laptop on Nov the 27th, the thanksgiving day. But today's date is Dec 30th and two more days gonna be 2016 the new year. It is really needs a year wait for Dell's loptop? I feel so disappointment about both Dell's sales and the customers service departments. I contacted the customer services hundreds of times. They just keep telling me those information I already have which is the fake estimate delivery date and they just keep changing the date without any reason. Dell are basically being dishonest to their customer by not telling prospective customers what the true lead times are. 

Anyone else in the same boat or had a recent delivery of this laptop from Alienware?
Hongtian

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 31st, 2015 11:00

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear about the inconvenience. There is probably a certain part in back order needed for the system configuration which could be delaying the process. If you contact the Sales support department with your order number, they should be able to provide more information.

8 Posts

January 1st, 2016 14:00

Yeah, unfortunately their customer service reps don't know anything. I believe they are told to just tell you the estimated date. I've spoken to multiple reps as well and they quote the order status page from the web. It's ridiculous. I've been trying to get any sort of status update to verify that my order has no delays. I don't want to experience what your experiencing so I'm trying to jump ahead but these reps care nothing about helping and only about receiving a pay check it appears. If I can't get information soon I may be forced to cancel and go elsewhere. I do enjoy the design and would really hate to cancel but I have a huge load of work to get done on a powerful system and can't afford to wait weeks on receiving it.

No Events found!