Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2015 21:00

Lost Programme

Stupid question probably - but still!!!!!

Does anyone know where I can download "Alien Autopsy" (the Alienware type and not what comes up on Google search).

I lost mine when my laptop crashed quite some time ago and being in Aust. we don't get the install discs when we purchase AW or Dell computers even on a $3000 laptop.  I have mentioned this previously on this forum and was promised a set of discs but it never happened.  No surprise there.

Pedro21

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 11th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

Please view this link. It provides different download formats for the Support Assist program, try it with those links to see if you can get it to show up.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 7th, 2015 14:00

Hi,

Alien Autopsy is now called Support Assist, the name was changed several months ago. Click here for the download link.

66 Posts

December 7th, 2015 22:00

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for the response.  I clicked on the link and it took me to the site ok.  I then click on download Support Assist (2.1mb) and run to install.  Next a box pops up telling me that no updates are available.

Problem is, I don't have Support Assist (that 's the old Alien Autopsy) on my computer.  What is the next step I should take?.  Thanks

Peter

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 8th, 2015 14:00

Hi,

If you open Programs and Features, do you see Support Assist or Alien Autopsy on the list? If you do, uninstall them and try installing Support Assist again.

66 Posts

December 8th, 2015 19:00

Hi Rodrigo.

Checked using programmes and features and also did a search for both and neither are present.

Peter21

66 Posts

December 14th, 2015 07:00

Hi Rodrigo,

An update for you.  I confess - I discovered I had the programme on my M17 all along but under "My Dell".  Yep, I can swallow my pride and admit I am a D*******h**d.

Thanks for you time and effort.  As usual it is greatly appreciated.     Peter (Pedro21)

No Events found!