Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2013 12:00

M11x R1: Command Center/Keyboard FX

Hello, 

I've been having the following problems with my command center and keyboard LEDs for a number of months now. I decided today that I really wanted these fixed, despite my failed attempts in the past. To summarize the issues, my keyboard LEDs are just not turning on. I checked to see if the ribbon had a good connection and it looks fine to me. Is there any way I can determine if it -is- the ribbon/keyboard itself that is damaged? (My other LEDs are fine and just locked on ugly clashing colors.)OR--and this links to my second problem--does it relate to my Command Center problems? First, I would like to say that I have attempted every "Command Center Fix" that's out there multiple times and more so extra help in diagnosis of the issue would be greatly appreciated. I'm not just reposting another Command Center question out of laziness to search the web. I've spent many hours trying various methods to solve it. Running any program related to the command center results in the following and nothing more:

http://tinypic.com/r/4viqzm/5

If the general opinion is that I've just done a bad uninstall all the times I've tried, I would appreciate pointers as to the areas I may have messed up on. It's impressive if I failed the 6 or so times I've tried! :p

Thank you.

Edit: A few months ago, my motherboard died on me so I had to replace it. It was around this time the keyboard LEDs went out. Just in case that information might be useful...

• 

2.7K Posts

November 1st, 2013 09:00

Hello Bmhxc!

Have you run the Alienfx tester? With that tester we will be able to determine if its software or hardware issue.

As well I would recommend you to flash the BIOS to the latest version A05 (if you have that version already you can re flashed it)

2 Posts

November 1st, 2013 23:00

Hi Milena,

Thank you for your response. I updated to A05 and reflashed, didn't work unfortunately!

Alienfx Tester is also down. Rather than appearing with an "error" window when I scroll over the application, it's just empty. I've tried waiting this out without any luck.

Doing some poking around I was able to make some finds however! Using the sample files in the AlienFX SDK folder which rotate some colors through each of the light sets, I was able to determine the keyboard lights are failing due to hardware rather than software. That being said, my Command Center still persists in being nonfunctional even if I were to replace the keyboard. Hopefully a solution will appear soon, desperation is kicking in!

As another note: Though loading AlienFX fails just like the command center, the "Go Dark" and "Dim" functions from the little toolbar icon still work. ANOTHER bit of information. While trying the clean uninstalls and installs for the Command Center I've noticed there are registry values and files to be deleted. These were never present in the first place (Yes, I have hidden folders and files being shown). I assumed that because these were missing, it means that step could be overlooked. Again, this could be pointless information but I'll throw each and every bit I can conjure to get a solution for this!

No Events found!