Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2010 15:00

M11x and sluggish Youtube Videos

Just got my M11x today in the mail. really nice machine. But was just on youtube and the videos are really really really sluggish. I switched to the better graphics and its still slow.. I thought this was supose to run games?? how could it run a game if the video is sooo slow (bad frame rate)

I got 8gb ram, and the Core2 Duo SU7300

do i need to update the video drivers???

39 Posts

March 29th, 2010 16:00

Are you sure it's not your internet connection?? Try downloading a movie and then playing it. If it is the video card then it play everything poorly - but if it is the internet connection your downloads should play fine.

Goto speedtest.net to check you broadband speed regularly.

24 Posts

March 29th, 2010 16:00

What version of flash are you running?  Hardware accelerated Flash is still in pre-release so if you are using the Flash that came with the computer the video card doesn't \have much input in the video coming from YouTube.  The current Flash is more processor related.  YouTube more often than not is all internet bandwidth related and depending on what video you are watching.

91 Posts

March 29th, 2010 21:00

hey!

im running the new version of flash.. (10)    i fixed the problem though. I just installed Firefox. In firefox youtube runs great. in internet explorer its kinda sluggish. not sure why but it doesn't matter since I dont even use IE. thanx for the info!!

No Events found!