Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2012 11:00

M17Xr4

Can anyone advise me where can I buy a hdd interposer for my 2nd hdd for my Alienware M17Xr4? My Country does not have stock for it and wants me to wait 4 - 6 weeks.. From Singapore

2K Posts

October 31st, 2012 22:00

Hi Browniefloppy,

Alienware M17x R4 systems are usually shipped with SATA II Hard drives.

I will be glad to assist you, however I request you to help me with the reason as to why you are looking to buy a HDD interposer.

November 1st, 2012 00:00

Well when I ordered my M17Xr4, I only order the 1 hdd setup. And few days ago Win 8 screwed me up and there no way I could format my hhd, so I brought another hdd to replace it. Now I need to retrieve my old data from my old hhd and I found out there no hdd interposer inside. Only the hdd bracket / holder in there. Thanks

November 1st, 2012 14:00

Any advise??

2K Posts

November 1st, 2012 20:00

Hi Browniefloppy,

A HDD interposer and a hard drive caddy are used to get a secure fit. This has got nothing to do with a data backup, so I request you to contact any Local technicians to retrieve the data on old HDD if it is possible and then if you want you can order a HDD interposer.

November 1st, 2012 21:00

Thanks for your reply. I know what the both items are. What I need most now is to get hold of the interposer to fix in my 2nd hhd. Would you be able to sell me 1 piece?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 09:00

Browniefloppy,

You need to do further internet searches for the part number from vendors in your country. We cannot ship it over there.

6H7T5 Secondary Hard Disk Drive Service Kit (Bracket, Interposer, Screws)

November 2nd, 2012 12:00

Yes the parts number I need is 8F9T8. Interposer for my M17XR4. The reason I'm asking for your help is that my Country does not have the stock and got to order and wait for 4 - 6 weeks. Seem like I'm not getting any help from your side as well.

2K Posts

November 5th, 2012 06:00

Hi Browniefloppy,

I am afraid I would not be able to send the part from United States to your country, so I request you to wait until the part is available in your country or you can try checking for the part online.

No Events found!