Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2012 09:00

M17x R3 HDMI input... i know...

O.K.... I've searched and searched and come up with nothing that helps. I don't even have the HDMI input or output options under "Playback Devices". I can't seem to get them to show up. This is the problem before the problem -.-

I can get the perfect video, but with no sound from the external device..... [device] -> HDMI -> [M17x] = no sound

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 25th, 2012 10:00

The notes on the HDMI Input jack state - Allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data "upstream" to a surround audio system, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.

So that leads me to believe that the external device controls the audio coming into the M17x-R3.

9 Posts

June 25th, 2012 19:00

Yea that's what I was thinking too, but the audio settings on the external device but ill try others to expirement. >.<

9 Posts

June 25th, 2012 19:00

On the external device are good* but ill expirement with others

9 Posts

June 26th, 2012 02:00

M17x r3

intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.5GHz

16gb DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

9 Posts

Chris' thank you for the quick answering, i was wondering if you had any ideas as to what the problem is? is there a solution somewhere in the forums i missed? or maybe i driver i dont have installed. I am completely dumbfounded right now as to what the problem is. i tried a couple different cords and a couple different external devices. my M17x R3 has no option for HDMI input to select as "Set Default" it doesn't even have the HDMI output there either. The only options I have to select are "speakers, speakers, and high definition audio S/ PDIF"

s1165.photobucket.com/.../eDiTicX

I am so confused as to how to fix this, it's honestly bugging me really bad =l lol.

9 Posts

And i cant seem to get the IDT drivers to show up either. i wish there was an emoticon for frusttrated.

s1165.photobucket.com/.../eDiTicX

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 26th, 2012 20:00

I am stumped. Ask the other M17x-R3 owners here for more input. http://bit.ly/oWz9v3

Please post back here if they find the fix!

9 Posts

June 30th, 2012 01:00

The worst part about this whole experience... was the technicians I called on the phone tried charging me an extra 120$ on top of my complete full coverage warranty that I already paid for, and tried telling me that the problem was with my xbox and not with my computer. I WILL be calling and complaining about this, as this severely angered me now that I fixed it on my own and now know it had NOTHING to do with my xbox.

Good job Dell & Alienware support for trying to scam me out of money.

*On a good note Chris, I honestly would like to personally thank you for the responses and also would greatly like to thank you for all the help that you provide back to the dell and alienware community. You're a hero in my book.

9 Posts

June 30th, 2012 01:00

SOLVEDDD...

With plenty of trial and error, and loads of drivers later... i found that the driver dell gives me under the "audio" section when i enter my service tag ( www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats ) just happens to stink badly.

So i came across this driver named the EXACT SAME THING ( www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats ) which works -.-

Just remember that BEFORE plugging in the HDMI cord (yes it should be there before you plug in the cable) you select "HDMI In" under recording and set as default.

20 Posts

February 16th, 2016 20:00

Alright good sir, I know this is literally 3.5 years old, but you my new friend, have saved me SOOO MUCH HEADACHE! I was so sick of seeing people just saying to click HDMI and bam it works, when there isn't even an HDMI available under recording devices, If I could kiss you through the computer I would.

- Your new best friend

9 Posts

February 16th, 2016 22:00

Hahaha. No, trust me, I understand. I remember that stupid headache! Glad I could help.

No Events found!