Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2014 20:00

M18xr2 Bios Update fail

When trying to update my M18xr2 from bios A5 to A11, I receive an error that says " Flash process will be terminated. Current platform have secure boot feature, it must provide NV storage location by IHSI interface."

What is this telling me and what do I need to do to complete a successful bios update?

Thanks

901 Posts

November 29th, 2014 08:00

Try going through the updates one by one, for example A07, A08, A09.

I wouldn't go past A09, there have been some report of A10 or A11 permanently disabling the DVD eject button with the only solution being a motherboard change over

3 Posts

November 29th, 2014 15:00

Thanks for the information, and your thoughts on what order to install BIOS upgrades.

The problem I'm trying to figure out is that when I tried to install the BIOS upgrade, I got an error message to the effect that the BIOS are in Non-Violate memory, and the BIOS had to be installed via what I think is a some kind of High Speed Serial interface, or attempting to do so would blow away the existing BIOS, so I quit right there.

I may be wrong, but it sonded like I need some kind of a special Cable, adaptor,or tool, to even attempt this?

The is the main thing I need to learn, before I try installing these upgrades, in order, or any other way?

Thanks, Old Paul

3 Posts

November 30th, 2014 10:00

Per your advise, I tried installing BIOS 07, and 09, both of which say to create a DOS based Flash drive, to copy the BIOS file to it, then boot the M18xR2 from it, then execute the BIOS file, by typeing it's name and hitting enter.

The problem with that is you are copying a Windows file name to a DOS disk, which does't recognize the longer Windows file name, and winds up turning it into M18R2A07~.exe, which when I execute it only returns a "Test.", which is not what it is supposed to do?

Only thing I can figure, is the install instructions say to check for an identical file alorrythm (?), via "Md5, SHA1, or SHA251", which may be changed by the DOS file name tranlation, and cause the file execution to fail as well?

Thanks, Old Paul

No Events found!