Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

June 12th, 2013 20:00

{MOVED}ALIENWARE M17X RANDOM SHUTDOWN AND NOT REBOOTING

HI

I HAD MY ALIENWARE M17X R4 ON IDLE ON MY DESK. I WENT TO GET A DRINK AND WHEN I CAME BACK MY LAPTOP HAD RANDOMLY SHUTDOWN. I PRESSED THE POWER BUTTON AND IT DID NOT REBOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!. I HAD CHECKED THE BATTERY LEVEL ABOUT 5 MINUTES BEFORE IT SHUTDWON AND IT WAS AT 91%. I HAVE TRIED CHARGING IT WITH MY CHARGER. I HAVE TRIED USING MY OLD BATTERY AND MY FRIENDS BATTERY AND ALSO MY FIRENDS CHARGER BUT STILL NO RESULT. I EVEN TRIED THE SECRET WAY TO REBOOT IT WHICH IF FOUND ON YOU TUBE

3.1K Posts

June 12th, 2013 23:00

Hi GilbertAlbinson,

Do you see any light on the system?
Is there a light on the AC Adapter?

Please check if the light on the AC Adapter remains ON or goes OFF when connected to the system.

You may try to drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer.
  • Then remove the adapter and the battery.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter.
  • Try to restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps.

June 12th, 2013 23:00

no there is no light on the system but there is light on the charger and remains on i also tried the draining of the battery and the removal of the battery tutorial but still no result

June 13th, 2013 02:00

no there is no light on the system but there is light on the charger and remains on i also tried the draining of the battery and the removal of the battery tutorial but still no result

June 13th, 2013 10:00

Hi Gilbert,

Accept the friend request and send your service tag through a private message for me to look into this problem.

No Events found!