Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 27th, 2012 06:00

My R3 Forgot How to Go to Sleep

I have always had it set in Command Center to sleep in 10 minutes. Last night I noticed it didn't go to sleep.  I went back to Command Center and reapplied the sleep settings and rebooted.  It still wont go into sleep mode.  What do I need to do to to fix this?   Thanks.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 27th, 2012 12:00

Reset the options inside the proper Power Profile in Windows Control Panel.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 27th, 2012 07:00

MG1959,

Typically, some external device connected to the system is conflicting with Sleep. Try this, power off and disconnect all external devices from the R3. Reconnect ONLY the monitor, keyboard and mouse. The keyboard and mouse should be plugged into USB ports on the REAR of the R3. Be sure that the monitor USB upstream cable is NOT connected to the R3. Power on. See if it will Sleep.

66 Posts

September 27th, 2012 07:00

Ok I will give a try when I get home.  My Keyboard/mouse is an integrated wireless set up (the keyboard has a touchpad instead of a mouse).  My hdtv and lcd monitor and plugged into the gpu's dvi and hdmi port.  I use an external wireless adapter plugged into rear usb, as well as an external sound card plugged into a rear usb.  Never had this problem before.  Is there anything I can check in task manager to look for something running that is conflicting?  Thanks for the help.

66 Posts

September 27th, 2012 15:00

Thanks Tesla, that worked.  Don't know why didn't work through Command Center, but it's fixed.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 27th, 2012 15:00

Thanks Tesla, that worked.  Don't know why didn't work through Command Center, but it's fixed.

Cool.

FYI ... What you see in Command Center is just a "front-end" to what is really happening in the real Windows Power Options. There is an Windows Service running (provided by Alienware) that keeps them sync-ed.

No Events found!