Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2015 00:00

My order has been in "pre-production" forever

I ordered an Alienware-17 laptop on September 15th, and I got an estimated delivery date of October 9th. However, my order has been in "pre-production" from the day I ordered till now. I got so confused so I called CS yesterday, but they just throw me to someone else who can check the order status. The last person I heard said that their software is not working, request me to call back in 2-3 hours. So I called back in an hour, as you can imagine, they got off-work. 

My phone was broken this morning so I tried to do an online chat with CSR, but there were an endless queue of 100 people in line. I am a student and I have a lot of classes so I cannot afford so much time waiting for CSR to respond. 

Could someone please help me with my order? I wonder is my laptop indeed in "pre-production" or the order status is just simply not being updated? Moreover, are there any of you who has experienced forever "pre-production" before and can kindly offer me some advice?

7 Posts

October 8th, 2015 07:00

I posted this under "custom care forum" but I have no idea why it was moved to Alienware club. This question is regarding the order status so could someone help me move it back?

11 Posts

October 8th, 2015 08:00

I've been on the same boat waiting my alienware laptop to arrive. After numerous calls to order support and customer service. All I was told was an "allocation issue." When I log-on to the dell website, it still shows my estimated delivery date of 9/28 and that the order is still in pre-production. Been trying to find out when I will actually receive or atleast expect to receive my order and still have no luck ...

7 Posts

October 8th, 2015 08:00

It is a horrible fact, wish you can get your machine momentarily. I did not expect them to deliver it on estimated delivery date because I read a lot of horrible stories about Dell. However, I really think I have the right to know when I can expect my machine to arrive. I have to turn in an e-portfolio really soon and I definitely do not want to use public computers in library to work on it. Wish you good luck.

7 Posts

October 8th, 2015 18:00

Hi, Mike02023:

I contacted online customer service and the customer representative said that my order is on an allocation hold and they are reviewing my order. They have reviewed it for 21 days!  I seriously have no idea why this would happen. And she also told me even if she sent an expedite, she can not give me an estimated delivery date. 

I just want to say this may be my first and last time purchasing from Dell. I got so disappointed

1 Message

October 10th, 2015 09:00

man, I am in the same situation here. I ordered on 18/09/15 and the estimated delivery date is 14/10/15, but it is still in pre production. This is ridiculous. I am so disappointed. 

11 Posts

October 13th, 2015 06:00

My order just changed to in-production. Hopefully it doesn't last long in this stage

No Events found!