Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2013 20:00

Need Help: Alienware Aura R3

Need some help here, my computer will freeze up anytime i play a game after about 10-15 mins, and this only happens when i play games. I have run all the diagnostics off the dell website site and they all come up negative. any1 have any suggestions as to what to do next?

Thank You

500 Posts

November 25th, 2013 22:00

Sound like a potential heat or GPU problem, but definitely need to pinpoint it. 

I would first recommend download BSOD viewer and making sure that you do not have any recent BSOD errors showing up. You may not always notice these, as sometimes the BSOD doesnt appear, but the system crashes. 

I would also want to check your temps. There are many programs that do this, but I would encourage to use HWiNFO64. You can also use this program to log system information so that when it does crash you can go back to the log and determine what the system temps/volts/etc were as the crash occurred. 

I would then also download OCCT and do some testing through that. The video card testing particularly. 

Let me know what you come back with so we can move further. 

7 Posts

November 26th, 2013 14:00

I have tried Running OCCT GPU:3D test several times, each time my computer has completely frozen after 5-7 mins and no log of the test is made, any suggestions.

BSOD viewer shows a total of 11 crashes, all a different error. Most have to do with a file called NT Kernel & System.

500 Posts

November 27th, 2013 03:00

It sounds like a GPU failure. Would you mind posting the codes given from the BSOC viewed. The BCCODE or STOP code is what I would be looking for the most. 

I would also encourage using HWiNFO64, as linked beforehand, and start a log, and then try to recreate the issue. The log will still capture and save even if the system crashes, and if you could send me the log information, it would be helpful. :)

I am a big gamer myself, so I am hoping we can figure out whats going on and get it fixed without much of a delay for you :)

7 Posts

November 27th, 2013 09:00

BCCODE:

0x0000003b

0x00000050

0x0000003d

0x000000c2

0x0000003b

0x0000004e

0x0000003b

0x0000003b

0x0000001e

0x0000001e

0x0000000a

0x1000007e

The run the HWiNFO64 here shortly and post what i get if anything.

7 Posts

November 27th, 2013 09:00

HwinFO64 report 11-27-13.csv

This is the data i got today before crashing.

500 Posts

December 7th, 2013 11:00

Sorry for the short delay...Holidays and all...

As of right now, there is nothing abnormal about what HWiNFO64 is showing. There are some small spikes, in GPU memory allocation and temps, but nothing that I would presume would cause your issue. 

Most of the STOP codes point to a display driver or hardware failure, while some point to the IEEE stack buffer and the windows system files. 

I would recommend trying a system restore to a point before the issues started happening, and if you choose to, a fresh install of windows. 

However, the issue as I would see it, would be the hardware itself, and it needs further evaluation. The problem with hardware is that I cannot see it in person, and so there could be a few things going wrong. The best thing to do is to update the graphic drivers off the manufacturer's website, using the most recent stable, non beta, driver. Then use Dell's drivers and downloads to update to the most recent BIOS and other drivers. Then, if that does not help, clean install windows. If that doesnt help them call in to Dell to discuss repair or replacement options. 

I hope that helps, and I am sorry to see you are still having these ongoing issues. 

No Events found!