Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2012 21:00

Need Help with Multiple Problem on Brand New Alienware X51

Hey guys, need abit of help here. My X51 is less than a week old and I installed a TP-Link's WLAN adapter. When I play any game in full screen, it will be minimised to windows view every few minutes. I managed to solve the full screen minimizing problem on my own by removing the driver of the WLAN adapter. But now I got this 2 other problems. I was told by the technical staff over the phone to update my GPU drivers to the latest 1. She directed me to the nvidia website to download and install it. After installing it, I will keep getting this message "Display driver not responding and has been recovered." The technical staff also send me instructions to restore my system back to factory setting by choosing factory image. But when I reach that page, I get this message. "Factory image not available" Then the system will reset. When I try to go to the system restore page again, it will tell me critical data not available. My system is i7-3440 Windows 7 64bit 8gb ram GTX660 Everything is stock from Dell. Please help me!!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 18th, 2012 21:00

RyanAng8899

Moving this thread to the Alienware Owners Club Forum.

Bev.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 26th, 2012 08:00

RyanAng8899,

You need to get another Dell image on there. Contact Alienware Support for your country and ask them to ship you the Windows 7 Restore USB key, part number 20PX2. There will be instructions with it.

November 26th, 2012 20:00

Hi Chris, is it the same as the windows 7 recovery DVD?

And my alienrespawn doesn't allow me to create a image.

No Events found!