Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2016 08:00

New Alienware 17 Screen very bright at edges

Hello, first time poster. Just received my new alienware 17 last night, turned it on and checked it out, and I noticed that when the screen is black or dark during a wallpaper or game or video, the display is very bright several places around the edge of the screen. When I moved the lid to see if the angle made any difference I saw that these bright spots were due to pressure on the display from the lid. Moving the lid by the left side would change the bright areas on the lower left part of the screen and the upper left corner. Same thing on the right side. Nothing I did seemed to change the static location and intensity when the display is just open at the normal viewing position. Now I know when flexing the display this is normal but I am disappointed that my high end (not to mention high dollar) laptop will have these annoying bright spots forever, especially when playing a movie or dark game forever. I am very displeased and will be following up with service on a repair. Someone else with a new alienware 17 please tell me this is a defect and that I should be able to get it fixed? Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

48 Posts

December 14th, 2016 14:00

You like myself and many others have light bleed. Replacing the LCD will not fix the problem either as the issue is with the bezel there is too much pressure

A Dell engineer removed the bezel on my 15 R3 today and the lightbleed was gone yet when he put it back on it returned

Secondly download HWMonitor and play a game maxed settings for like 20 mins then return and see what the max temps read. If its anything over 90 you are like everyone else with temp issues.

No Events found!