Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 6th, 2014 12:00

New Alienware Aurora R4 problems - Please Help!!

So I'm new to this forum so please don't yell if I'm not posting in correct spot. I have questions and need answers. I just bought a new Aurora R4. I spent a lot of money as you know because I've always wanted one and everything was great when I unboxed it and set it up the other day. Only problem I had was the active vents weren't opening on the top of machine. If I used command center to open them it just made a grinding noise and you could feel them trying to open but couldn't. I decided that I wasn't going to mess with it since I paid a lot of money and its under warranty. The tech I got on the phone did some tests with me and determined new vents needed to be installed. He was very nice and helpful and an onsite tech received the parts and called me to schedule two days later. Now here's where it goes South. The onsite tech was like 100 years old and did nothing but complain that these machines are so difficult to tear apart. He preceded to not be gentle with my computer as he was trying to put these vents in and I actually had make it known that he was being a little rough. After he got it back together he told me to test it and guess what the vents were working but my lights wouldn't. He took it back apart and got the lights working again and also found his pen he left in my computer on my motherboard!!! I was so mad I had to leave the room for a minute or so. Anyway we plug it all back in and the vents and lights were working and he said ok looks good and gave me a paper and was out the door. I didn't really get a chance to test much else. Anyway he left and I came in and started to test some things and that's when I noticed that in command center things have changed. Before he worked on it, my ambient sensors 1,2,3 all stayed right around 0 to 26C. Now 1 and 2 just stay at 0 and 3 says 65C. I am very concerned about this. Plus I used to have a CPU Pump item in command center that said if it was running. That is now gone completely! Does that mean its not running at all? I reinstalled command center and it didn't fix it. I took cover back off myself and didn't see anything unplugged, then again I never had one of these machines. I have emailed my tech and I am waiting for a response. Do you guys or ladies have any idea what is going on? Basically I told them I want someone to come back out to fix this and not that jerk or I want a completely new machine or my money back. These computers are far too expensive to be dicking me around. Alienware Aurora-R4 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K Proc (4-cores, 10MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.2 GHz w/ Turbo Boost) 16GB Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz AMD Radeon(TM) R9 290X with 4GB GDDR5 2TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 64MB Cache ALX Chassis in Matte Stealth Black with an 875W Power Supply (for Ivy bridge processor) Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit English AlienFX Color, Quasar Blue Single Drive: Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BD-ROM, DVD,RW, CD-RW) Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio Alienware Aurora with Premium Liquid Cooling

June 6th, 2014 15:00

ok folks, I went home and tried something that one of you suggested outside of this forum and it worked! Thanks so much. I uninstalled the command center and reinstalled bios and command center 3.5 and everything is working now. I guess the new part reset something. Thanks!

1.8K Posts

June 9th, 2014 10:00

Hi,

I'm glad to hear you found a resolution to your problem. If you have any other questions or need further assistance let me know!

No Events found!