Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2015 08:00

Oh well. So much for Alienware...

I am returning my Alienware 15 R2. The lack of support I have gotten for the killer network card issues I am having and multiple calls for this and another order have really made me regret any purchases I have made from Dell. I get that you are busy, but its really not my problem that Dell didn't ramp up support on Christmas holiday season. I spent about 4 hours of my life on the phone with support and customer service yesterday and the rep's seem to not want to bother. 

You call, give them your info and question, then they seem to simply decide that they dont want to deal with you and then just transfer you back into the Queue. Happened 3x on a call I made yesterday. Chat support really cant be reached as each day I have tried that you start anywhere between 400 and 500 people in front of you and when I got to about 100 people in the queue in front, once I got disconnected from chat and second time I had to leave. I was in chat waiting for almost 5 hours yesterday while I called just trying to get someone who would assist. 

Hopefully they are able to process a return properly, as I saw some nightmares over on the dell customer service forum. 

Dell has still not fulfilled their promise of a $25 giftcard for the purchase of a game I preordered. 

I really just should not have to go through all this for 2 simple purchases I have made. 

Multiple issues out of the box for a premium system is really silly as well. 

Issue included:

-Respawn simply not working

-Killer network card, spent hours getting it working and still it would have issue connecting

-Hard drive sensor driver causing slow boots(how/why do they ship these with an obviously faulty driver which should be easily fixed by them in the build process)

-Before I installed the SSD the system was so slow as to be nearly unusable with 90-100% disk drive usage being typical. I configure medium range laptops at work from HP and lenovo and they work faster out of the box with 5400RPM drives and less memory. 

-And something else I could not get passed was the obviously inferior LCD panel in the 15 R2 FHD. Bad color reproduction and a distinct yellow cast. 

I should have seen trouble ahead when I first booted up the machine and during the initial setup phase it connected to my wifi and then the wireless card connected and then immediately disappeared and I could not log into my MS account. 

Even the Alienware reps on this board seem to pick and choose what issues they want to address. Several posts that were posted after mine where at least acknowledged.

I guess I will try my hand at another manufacturer.

December 15th, 2015 11:00

When you call support first thing you say is "this call may be monitored recorded and reviewed for quality assurance and educational purposes by team zero and the zero networks international affiliation network over customer support reviews and may be publicized or distributed without any notification or notification to either alienware or dell inc.... Our team has some internal pluses for membership this is just one way to get them to deal with you... then be nice flirt with girls befriend guys then if they ask you if your situation is resolved if it isnt say they did a great job... but you wiil need a manager repeat until you find one who says they arent available.... tell em you will wait and eventually that person ill have to resolve your issue just dont get put on hold or get off until your problem is solved or you feel like you have a reasonable reason why it cant be... I've been dealing with att n microsoft today over something similar good luck  -zeropopular

December 19th, 2015 08:00

True True, I think the pre dell systems by alieware like m17 r1 have had killer longevity to them and being ugradeable minus the screen being not the greatest anymore. otherwise these things maybe are stilll better then todays releases... They were made by Area 51I believe, come with a good board Extreme Core Duo X2 ATI38xx Ssli CrossFire and 8gb Ram.... spec wise I havent seeen any real improvement to justify spending several thousand.. I just picked up a 17 for 100 bucks lol..

December 19th, 2015 08:00

Puchase a better model and swap out the guys and send the *** one back

202 Posts

December 19th, 2015 11:00

No one knows the Killer 1535 issue.  Ever since they updated Windows 10 to SP1 the issue seemed to have disappeared.

No Events found!