Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2017 02:00

Power, have you got it? Kind of.

So I think this started yesterday when while playing a game my monitor stopped picking up signal and then my computer turned off. This morning I can't get it to turn on any longer than five minuets. I'm going to try replacing the fuse, as the computer (An Area 52 R2) will turn it's self on when turn the plug on.

The only other thing I can think this would be is something to do with the power cord? Just curious as I couldn't fully hear what was said when I phoned the support number for alienware. 

4 Posts

September 18th, 2017 02:00

Forgot to add. the power pack diagnostic button under the plug in to the desktop shows green when I hold it in, and there's no beeps to suggest it's any of the components inside. 

4 Posts

September 18th, 2017 05:00

Further update. The led code of my power button is orange, ut I can't find anything to tell me what that means? 

September 18th, 2017 06:00

are you sure it is not Overheating? CPU Pump or GPU Fan failure can cause Issues like you have.

4 Posts

September 18th, 2017 06:00

That was my initial thought when it first happened though given how it cuts out I'd have thought it was related to the power rather than anything else?

If I turn It off on the plug socket, leave it for awhile come back and turn it on it will work, it boots up but then the monitor doesn't detect input, and the computer turns it's self of, displayin the orange led then will try to boot it's self up a couple of times unsuccessfully, and will become non responsive to presing the power button on the front unless turned off and on at the plug with a break between,

September 19th, 2017 16:00

but you've already tested the PSU and it was fine.

try Clear CMOS and Power Drain first. unplug all Cables, remove the Coin Cell Battery and then hold Power On Button for a Minute. see if it helps. and if not, then try to Boot with Bare Minimum. remove GPU, RAM and disconnect all Drives and see if you get a Beep Code without the Components installed.

Edit:

Edited my Post a Bit.

No Events found!