Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

October 23rd, 2010 12:00

[Problem] Aurora fail bios update.

Hello,

I got fail bios update for my Alien Aurora. Motherboard ms-7591 ver.1.0 i think so;)

I was  updating from A08 to A09. 

i start updater and clicked "update", after 5s computer lost electronic power, so he turned off. 

Now when i try to turn pc on, monitor is black, and computer is restarting him same the whole time after around 5s.

How can i repair bios same ? 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 23rd, 2010 13:00

Since I doubt that motherboard has a Dual-BIOS, so about your only option is something like this (to try to reset it and try again):

http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/comp/mbsys/cmosClearCMOS-c.html

Next time, be sure your PC is on a UPS Battery before flashing any BIOS or firmware.

4 Posts

October 24th, 2010 02:00

Thanks,

but it does not work. I used clear jumper. I think at bios is down or bios software, something like that. 

Computer is still restarting himself, 3-5 seconds after turning on. Monitor is the whole time off. 

Have someone any idea? 

If nothing will help so then i have to leave pc in service ;D. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 24th, 2010 13:00

The CMOS chip is corrupted. The only thing you can do is replace the motherboard.

4 Posts

October 24th, 2010 14:00

Are u sure ?

If i have Alienware guarantee so will they repair it for free, or i have to pay?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 25th, 2010 06:00

If you attempted to load a Driver from our website and the attempt caused the CMOS chip to become corrupt, then Dell is obligated to replace the motherboard only if your origianlly purchased warranty period is still valid.

No Events found!