Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 21st, 2015 14:00

Question about Alienware and Windows Update

Hi, I am an Alienware Aurora R4 (yeh, oldie) owner, using Windows 7 x64 OS. A week ago I was having some crashes due to driver/s issues, so I decided to format and reinstall windows 7. Everything is working fine now.

I deactivated Windows Update from the beginning.  When installing drivers, I did so from Dell's official site. Now that everything seems to be fine, I am not sure if I should enable Windows Update and install the (about 150?!) Important-labelled drivers, or if I should ignore them because it could cause incompatibility issues with my already installed Dell drivers?

I know when something is working, it shouldn't be touched, but there are so many "+ security" drivers in those 150 Important driver list... Not sure what to do.

Any advice? Windows Update yes? Windows Update no?

2.3K Posts

October 22nd, 2015 12:00

Also any 'updated' drivers should be under the option section of Windows Update, the recommended and critical updates should only be for windows and related microsoft products.  

1.8K Posts

October 22nd, 2015 12:00

Hi Blaon! 

We recommend installing the updates labeled as important or recommended. You can install them manually one by one, and if you encounter any error you can restore your system back to the previous update. 

No Events found!