Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2013 11:00

Question regarding the GTX 780m Alienware 17

Hi I was wondering why I cannot update to the latest driver(from the nvidia website), but the nvidia driver from dell driver which is an outdated version. Also I am getting random framerate drop even tho the gpu temp is at 65 c? Dont know what to do I have already reapply thermal paste. Also its only 2 weeks old

• 

2.7K Posts

September 16th, 2013 15:00

Hello Leesana!

It might work you just need to make sure that you remove completely the NVidia driver and all his files, then you update the BIOS to A04 and then you install the one from the NVidia website, if it doesn't work so you will need to use the one from the dell website, hopefully NVidia will provide us a new version of the driver soon.

As well you can check on this article how to improve the performance of the video card.

145 Posts

September 16th, 2013 19:00

Thanks for the respond. I have already tried to removed the driver and re-install it but still no go. As for the Integrated graphics I don't think my came with that option because of the 120hz monitor and Integrated Graphics only supports up to 60hz. I guess I will just wait but I will feel not satisfied due to the fact that I cannot update my driver from NVIDIA website.

No Events found!