Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

September 26th, 2017 16:00

R6 front fan noise

I just received Alienware R6. I noticed that a noise from the front fan is very noticeable and pretty sure that it might need to be replaced. 

I captured a video clip and talked with Alienware support team. They said it's very normal for a high-end desktop. please watch the video clip below and share your opinions. 

If they refused to replace this front fan, i will buy a new one from my pocket and compare the differences between the original and new one. 

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipN_Hi8tDfGC3kDNYGS5AFSYYt4gxEzqkUBP9kXl   

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

September 27th, 2017 14:00

Hi ‌,

Open the case and make sure the sound is coming from the top fan and not from the PSU.

Let me know!

September 27th, 2017 15:00

I checked the sound comes from the front fan, not the top one. I took off a power cable of the front fan and the noise was gone.

The PSU fan was not running in the video clip.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

September 29th, 2017 08:00

Send me a private message with the service tag so I can assist you further.

6 Posts

September 30th, 2017 21:00

Dell give bad service, That 1 week I wait the guy for change the fan and dvd bluray make alot noise!!! I pay 4000$$ So watch out whit the AURORA ALIENWARE R6 NOT GOOD, MAD CUSTOMER

Yea, but hopefully it's better than Lenovo. 

Eimy here will send a new front fan soon. Let's see how it goes. 

How about your experiences on R6?

Used for two weeks now. i am satisfied with the quality and performance except the fan itself. 

6 Posts

The fan is not ahead, on the side with the power supply. DVD BLURAY too make noise, very sad, I buy 2 insurance GaRANTI, DELL YOU BETTER CHANGE, BLURAY DVD AND FAN POWER SUPPY.

6 Posts

October 6th, 2017 10:00

Yes me too, all is good, just power supply fan MAKE NOISE &  (DVD BLURAY PLAYER NOT GOOD) 

Lecteurs DVD/CD-ROM
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N

The technicien come in my fix the problem, thanks for the chinesse guy !! New Power suppy new dvd player bluray all is good now.

6 Posts

October 11th, 2017 10:00

Is nice I play all games is good I have two GTX 1070 

No Events found!