Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2015 21:00

Screen is messing up/not working

Hello, my Alienware's screen basically no longer comes on. Though the laptop itself is on. When I turn it on the screen remains black and sometimes will come on when I unplug and replug the power cord to it. Though lately it no longer works so it's becoming difficult to get the screen to turn on. And when in use, like playing ArcheAge, the screen starts to have different colors usually a light blue in places it shouldn't, and it will escalate to he point where I am unable to see what I was doing in the first place and the screen goes black.

• 

2.7K Posts

July 15th, 2015 16:00

What happen if you connect the system to an external monitor?

Do you know if the system still under warranty? 

6 Posts

July 15th, 2015 17:00

We don't have a HDMI cord to do this and her computer will not port a VGA. I've been sick for three weeks and budget is tight so if I have to go buy a $30 cord to eliminate something i have to wait.  I purchased this computer in August 2014. I am unable to use the warranty I bought because they said it's still under manufacturer warranty

6 Posts

I have no idea as to what would happen if I were to do that, but it is still under warranty

I'm not a person who knows a lot about computers, all I do happen to know is the fact the screen goes out and is difficult to get it back on.

671 Posts

If possible, could you please connect your computer to an external monitor or TV via HDMI? Just to see if this is an issue with your Display or with the video card.

6 Posts

July 15th, 2015 18:00

The computer works fine when the screen is on. Sorry, earlier replies were from my daughter.

• 

2.7K Posts

July 20th, 2015 14:00

Then there could be a problem with the system LCD if you are still under warranty and you live within US or Canada send me a PM with your service tag and a brief description of the problem so I can help you out otherwise contact the technical support site in your country so they can assist.

6 Posts

July 21st, 2015 19:00

Thank you. We received the DELL shipping box today and will be shipping it for repair this week.

No Events found!