Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

June 19th, 2017 07:00

Screen problem alienware M14X R2

Hello guys,

Since the past month I got a problem with my alienware M14X R2. Sometimes the screen freezes at the image its showing and everything becomes pixalated and it slowly becomes lighter. If i wait long enough the screen goes bright white all together. The only way to fix this is by moving the screen or hitting it (like back in the old days worked). The problem is that it becomes worse by the day and I worry that one day I can't use the screen anymore.

I have updated all my drivers to the latest version, so the problem isn't there. Would replacing the screen cable (LCD ribbon cable JC027) help? or do i need to replace the screen all together. Or might it be a software problem or a videocard problem? I hope someone can help me with this problem, because I am out of ideas.

Pictures:
screen with problem

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 19th, 2017 09:00

Hi bartdungeon‌,

Try by connecting the system to an external monitor/tv and if everything looks good on the external monitor (when the problem occurs on the computer) yes, it means that it can be related to the LCD cable, more even after you say that the only way to fix this is by moving the screen

June 19th, 2017 10:00

I work with a external monitor daily, when this problem occurs the external monitor keeps functioning normally. Thank you for the respons, I will search for a new cable then. Any suggestion where I should other it?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 22nd, 2017 11:00

Your screen has physical cracks in the cables inside near the edge of the screen and or the glass itself.  This is permanent damage.  Not quite as bad or dramatic as this but exactly the same. The only fix is to replace the screen assembly. Vertical Lines Laptop Screen - YouTube 

cracked

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 22nd, 2017 17:00

You can try in Amazon or Ebay.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 27th, 2017 10:00

Great! Thanks for letting us know!

June 27th, 2017 10:00

I ordered a new cable from eBay, After some hard work (see picture, NEVER again) I managed to replace the cable and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help guys

No Events found!